B

Big Jake

Junior Audioholic
Evidently the software on this board thinks anything with a period in it is either a link or an email address, because I've attempted posting several times with neither in it unsuccessfully. I keep getting an error warning that I can't post a link or email address until I have 10 posts, that's fine, but I'm not.

Kind of hard to post on a audio/video board and not post something with a period in it such as a model number. Have no idea why the software thinks this is a link or email address.

B

Big Jake

Junior Audioholic
Evidently the board will also think you're posting a link or an email address if you quote something someone else wrote.

I've been on different forums for many years and have even had one of my own, so I'm familiar with the coding, settings and how they work.

So I'm just bringing to attention a glitch that I'm encountering as a new member, since this is the "feedback" forum.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Why would you point me there?
Post Padding
Post padding is the practice of posting multiple replies one after another in a single thread, rather than using of the edit function, or posting a single reply responding to multiple comments. Post padding can also constitute pointless posting aimed at increasing one's post count. People who do this are known as post padders.
In your case you would be post padding in order to get your 10 posts so that you don't run into these errors anymore. On a tangential point, the more you post about your issues in the thread you just made, the closer you get to that magic 10.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Why would you point me there?
Just a quick way to bump up your post count without getting flagged as a spammer. Of course now that you're one post away, it doesn't really matter.

B

Big Jake

Junior Audioholic
Well thank you Steve81 and fuzz092888. You have both helped me reach the magic post number of 10, and hopefully helped bring this glitch to the attention of the powers to be here for possible evaluation.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis