H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Seeing more than and more thread pages that are unaccessable.. For example this happened in the bored thread last night where it showed there as being another page of posts, but clicking on it just reloads the page I'm already on. Noticed it in a thread in the beginners section this morning too.

majorloser

majorloser

There is no post limit for starting new threads in the Classified section. There also appears to be no limit for starting threads anywhere for newbs.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
When adding to someone's Rep it no longer allows text to be copied & pasted onto the Rep comment line.
The old system allowed it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
When adding to someone's Rep it no longer allows text to be copied & pasted onto the Rep comment line.
The old system allowed it.
I just copied your last post and pasted it into the comment line and repped you. It let me, is that what you're talking about?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just copied your last post and pasted it into the comment line and repped you. It let me, is that what you're talking about?
Hmmm. Seems like it won't let you rep someone then thank that post. ;)

Just kidding. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hmmm. Seems like it won't let you rep someone then thank that post. ;)

Just kidding. :D
Ohh, weird. I neg rep you all the time then thank your posts. Just to keep balance with the force :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys;

If someone could tabulate all of the remaining issues with the new forum into one post, I will submit them to our web developer to see if he can resolve them. thx.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Guys;

If someone could tabulate all of the remaining issues with the new forum into one post, I will submit them to our web developer to see if he can resolve them. thx.
I did a quick tally as shown by the lost below. I tired to follow the fixes and yanked some of the suggestion out but I may have missed a few.

<strike>01) can you make the quick reply box the default setting?</strike>
02) i don't know if it's my screen, but the fonts look "tall"
03) Make a favicon.ico! The default vBulletin one is horrible and generic.
04) Give us some way to hide "last infraction received." Used to be able to hide it, but now I see a big red chiclet
I received over four years ago just below my posts.
05) I'd like an option that allows us to set the quick or advanced reply to be the default. I like the advanced
one because I often embed links or images, and right now it's one more click to get there. I can understand
why others would like the quick reply to be the default, though.
<strike>06) Looks like New Posts button is gone and I used it extensively. Yes, I do see Under Quick links "Todays Posts",
but I much rather click on New Posts directly. </strike>
06b) Speaking of Pull-down menus on top - this is a minor style glitch - white box slightly overlaps some of blue bar - not sure if this is intentional...
I also do see 4 digit Thanked sliding outside of box.
<strike>07) Can we get the forum calendar straightened out now? </strike>
<strike>08) Since it's new, is there a way to put a hot key for the New Posts? Well, other stuff too, but that's what I use the most.</strike>
09) With the new layout, instead of columns for number of replies and number of views, those variables are labeled and
stacked on top of each other. I'll just put in my vote that I prefer the original way (but I don't know if you can change
it). It made it very easy for me to scan down the list and see if there were any topics with no responses, which sometimes
helped me decide what to respond to - for example, a new member who hadn't been helped, yet.
10) Also, some thread titles are being cut short on the listing of new posts.
11) Other request: it would be nice if some of the menus would show up when viewing the new posts like they used to, such as "Quick Links" and "Community".
12) Another suggestion - I'd like to have the user names in the post headers in a larger font, like you used to be. It was easier for me to read.
13) Some people's avatars don't show up on the Member List.
14) Every time I go to post a link short cut the box moves
15) Has the issue of not being able to differentiate between the threads you've posted and not posted in been raised?
16) Hybrid view box suggestion. In the old setup when browsing through the hybrid view segment just above the post the post was highlighted with a light gray box all the way from the left side to the right and included the posts in that ladder.
This new setup only shows bold the subject line which is difficult to find to see what is where when there are a lot of posts in the thread.
And it showed new posts to the thread as well.
17) Hi, Gene. Every time that I've used Search since the switch, it returns results as entire threads. So, if I'm searching for a
keyword and am looking for a specific post, I need to click on every thread listed and search that thread for the keyword until
I find it. Maybe I'm missing an option? If not, I'd love to see that fixed back to allow users to display results as threads or
individual posts. Thanks.
18) Maybe I am blind but how do I search for posts made by me (not threads opened by me) ?
19) Tweet and FB Like buttons on top of each thread look extremely out of place and distracting
20) Posts from ignore user should not be highlighted - it's kind of defeats the purpose of ignoring the user also imo these three
lines could be condensed into a single line:
21) Seeing more than and more thread pages that are unaccessable.. For example this happened in the bored thread last night where it showed
there as being another page of posts, but clicking on it just reloads the page I'm already on. Noticed it in a thread in the beginners
section this morning too.
22) Sometimes when I reply with quotes to a post, the whole page itself loads into the response box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
EDIT: Won't let me copy / paste. Unless I'm doing something wrong. When I right click to 'paste' the box disappears.

Show off.:D I'll test it and send you some.

I tried it the other day and gave up.
Doug likes to get Rep with quotes from his two favorite movies, The Titanic and Broke Back Mountain.
Having never watched either, I cut and paste quotes found on the net.:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Small thing, it may have already been mentioned, but the "community" tab isn't there when I click on new posts. I'm not sure if that is by design or not, but it just seems inconsistent.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Small thing, it may have already been mentioned, but the "community" tab isn't there when I click on new posts. I'm not sure if that is by design or not, but it just seems inconsistent.
I think that I mentioned that, and I agree. That and the "Quick Links" tab.

Also, as Dave mentioned - it would be great to have the Calendar work again.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The 'Go to Last Post' thing disappears if the user name is too long as in the case of ADTG.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys, the list from post #110 is a bit outdated since we addressed many of the items. Can someone post an updated list of action items again and preferably a list of items multiple people are experiencing the same issues with?

I want to get our developer on this but don't want to spin his wheels on old stuff or unconfirmed issues.

Thanks again.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It would appear the "Thanked XXXX Times in XXXX Posts" has wandered out of the box again.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The search function isn't working. Has anyone considered how this is affecting Adam?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The search function isn't working. Has anyone considered how this is affecting Adam?
I didn't know until I read this. :D

Is it working worse than it was? It wasn't working very well after the upgrade, only showing threads as search results (at least, that's what I always got).

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Guys, the list from post #110 is a bit outdated since we addressed many of the items. Can someone post an updated list of action items again and preferably a list of items multiple people are experiencing the same issues with?

I want to get our developer on this but don't want to spin his wheels on old stuff or unconfirmed issues.

Thanks again.
Why don't you cross off the out dated items and proceed from there. As a service provider, and we your clients, it would be good to see what you have fixed and what still remains an issue in a tabulated form. Your welcome BTW. ;)

majorloser

majorloser

Still waiting on the calendar to be fixed. It's been stuck on 2009 for years.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis