Wednesday - Netflix

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

We liked it. It has a definite Tim Burton feel to it and he is back in form. It is lighthearted though dark (typical Burton lol), family friendly and very entertaining. Though it is very teen oriented, it manages to deliver without devolving into bubblegum so you don't need to be a teen to watch it. Looks great, sounds great. Some of the FX are a bit cartoonish, but the costumes and look and feel are generally impressive. The acting is also quite good as well. Worth a look.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I finished the series yesterday. In general, I especially liked the first half of the episodes. Dark humor is generally done very well, but the series becomes more "serious" later on.
Minor spoiler: Uncle Fester was my least favorite part of the series.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Lol, I kind of liked Fester, but they could have done more with it IMO.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
We are 5 episodes in and I'm really liking it. The actress portraying Wednesday is brilliant. Her character borders on being a Mary-Sue but she does such a good job that it's not annoying or preachy like a Michael Burnham from Star Trek.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, Jenna Ortega is one of the best things about the show. She wasn't on my radar, but she delivers a great performance. She had a small part in "X" from last year, which I enjoyed, but she wasn't the main focus of the film.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Enjoyed it but would have made a few casting tweaks. At least one change was actually made when an actor left the production and it is evident in some scenes as the new actor looks digitally inserted here and there if you look for it.

Jenna Ortega was perfectly cast in the role and was also great in “Scream V.” We’ll see how much her role in “Scream VI” is bumped up after the success of “Wednesday.”

It had a lot going on in trying to get that Burton look and feel, supernatural kids in boarding school like the Harry Potter movies and any number of teen angst and detective movies and shows to all work together but Ortega’s performance cements it all. Gonna’ give Thing a shout out as well.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Without Ortega, I don't think this show would have been as good. Her performance really is the anchor for the whole thing. I do like her roommate as well, that little contrast between them works and is the best chemistry of any characters.

I did really enjoy Gwendoline Christy, of Game of Thrones, as the principal too.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Watched the trailer above. On my list to watch next.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Enjoyed it but would have made a few casting tweaks. At least one change was actually made when an actor left the production and it is evident in some scenes as the new actor looks digitally inserted here and there if you look for it.

Jenna Ortega was perfectly cast in the role and was also great in “Scream V.” We’ll see how much her role in “Scream VI” is bumped up after the success of “Wednesday.”

It had a lot going on in trying to get that Burton look and feel, supernatural kids in boarding school like the Harry Potter movies and any number of teen angst and detective movies and shows to all work together but Ortega’s performance cements it all. Gonna’ give Thing a shout out as well.
Which actor/character got replaced?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Thora Birch was replaced with Christina Ricci, though the character was changed somewhat as well.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I thought this series was well done and agree that Jenna Ortega nailed it. Was a fun series.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
We crushed this out a weel or so ago. Good times.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
We had cancelled Netflix while using Disney+ for a few months and then renewed last month as there are some new seasons coming out for other shows. This was high on my list of shows to watch and I really enjoyed it. Agree that Jenna Ortega's performance made the show what it was. Love Tim Burton's style and doesn't hurt to have Danny Elfman compose much of the music. There was the occasional bumble-gum moment where I cringed a little at the writing or performance, but for the most part it was pretty consistent. Will definitely watch a second season.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis