Way to connect music..

E

enoch

Audioholic Intern
What are other ways to put my music thats on my computer to my yamaharx-v663? I know about the YDS-10 Universal Dock but i dont have an ipod. What are some other good ways?

C

cutter

Audioholic
sonos

I have a sonos music system, and I absolutely love it. streamed music from my computer, napster or rhapsody, and tons of free internet stations. has a remote that is similar to an ipod. you can also hook up a cd player, etc. to the line in, and stream that music all over the house. also has ethernet connection, so you can use it as a hub, or in my case, connect my replay tv's to stream tv shows between televisions. easy to use, easy to set up...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Do a wireless stream from your computer to the PS3 that you want to buy anyway...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Just connect it to your computer via a hardline or wireless router. I think your music needs to be in WMP but I am not 100% sure, it's what I use and it works great.
wait...how do i do it from my PS3?

superstar

superstar

Junior Audioholic
wait...how do i do it from my PS3?
From your XP box, you need to have WMP11, go to library/media sharing/enable it.
From your PS3. make sure that the UPnP is enabled under settings/network...

You should be able to browse the shared folders under your PS3.

You can also upgrade your PS3's hdd and store all your music there, a good way to have a backup of all your media.
http://www.gamersreports.com/article/43/
Newegg has a pretty good deal on 2.5 hdd.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, I also use a 500gb external hard drive on my PS3 but since he has a computer and a PS3 he can start streaming for free.
From your XP box, you need to have WMP11, go to library/media sharing/enable it.
From your PS3. make sure that the UPnP is enabled under settings/network...

You should be able to browse the shared folders under your PS3.

You can also upgrade your PS3's hdd and store all your music there, a good way to have a backup of all your media.
http://www.gamersreports.com/article/43/
Newegg has a pretty good deal on 2.5 hdd.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis