Water damaged iPhone 3G S...is data destroyed??

M

michaelbarry

Audiophyte
Unfortunately, I got pushed into a swimming pool at a BBQ yesterday. My iPhone 3G S was in my pocket. It's completely ruined. I'm thinking of selling it on eBay for whatever someone will pay for it (upgraded to an iPhone 4). Is the data destroyed, or could someone conceivably retrieve my info from it?

Thoughts?
I sold my 3GS for $100 on craigslist. There are so many people out there who fix them for cheap and still ask 200+ for the used older models. I had a water incident (son threw it in dog bowl) and I let it dry out. I was able to sync it to my computer, and then with I got a new 4G, when I synced for the first time...all my old info transferred. So it is worth a shot.

Good luck

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Have you tried resurrecting your phone? Stick it in a bowl of rice for a few days and see if that pulls that water out. Make sure the battery is disconnected, also. Do NOT use a hair dryer. That will only push the water into the central portions and crevices of the phone.

-pat
This worked for my daughter, take the battery out and place the phone in a large bowl full of rice....amazing, BUT if it's a saltwater pool forget the damage is done.

C

ccvarella79

Audiophyte
yes, taking the battery out may save the phone. You just need to let it airdry before turning it back on . Its probably too late for that as i see there are already a few posts on this, but removing the battery will work with any phone or mp3 player. (well 50/50 shot at it) but its worth a try. To speed up drying use a hairdrying on the phone, (far enough away though that your not incinerating it !)

C

ccvarella79

Audiophyte
i washed my boyfriends phone in the washer . and we just let it airdry. He was a bit upset but we saved the phone. Letting it dry out really does work

martinamiller

Audiophyte
If you've ever synced your iPhone with iTunes, you'll have a backup file generated by iTunes on your computer. Then you can use iPhone Data Recovery to recover data on your water damaged iPhone. Both of them can help to extract your iTunes backup and recover all contents from it.

martinamiller

Audiophyte
you can not use it after some water may drop in the phone. You can recover the photos from iPhone if you do backup before, or you can recover the photos from iPhone Data Recovery.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis