want to connect two speakers from the Logitech z506 as stereo without the subwoofer.

D

Dkouga

Audiophyte
I want to connect to the computer two speakers from the Logitech z506 as stereo (front left and front right) without the subwoofer and Control lcd panel, each speaker has two cables (red, black).

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You really can't without a big hassle. The subwoofer assembly contains the amplifiers for those speakers. You'll need to get an amp, connect it to the computer, and then connect the speakers to the amp. I didn't even get into matching the connections. That's another hassle.

You're better off simply buiying a pair of amplified speakers.

D

Dkouga

Audiophyte
what if I use a control volume from a headset? or maybe buy a control volume box and connect the two speakers to it.

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You need an amplifier, not a volume control. A volume control iwould be only a part of that amplifier.

D

Dkouga

Audiophyte
So i I buy a subwoofer with a volume control in it, I can just connect the two speakers to it right, is this ok.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
No, a powered subwoofer only powers the subwoofer in the box, not any other speakers.

Without the amps in that Logitech sub that were designed to power those speakers in the first place, you need another amplifier to power those speakers. It's as simple as that.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis