Wall mount TV with One Stud and 4 Toggler Bolts

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
You may not really need as many fasteners as you may think when you can get lag bolts into a stud.

I have a 55" Samsung LED TV mounted on an extending arm mount and it doubles up on lag bolts, so 4 of them vertically.

With a 65" screen and studs that should be 16" on center, you should be able to get 4 lag bolts in, two in each of two studs. Even if it's off-center from the TV screen that's covered by the TV and still holding onto it just fine.

T

TheMirage

Enthusiast
I see what you are saying. Make sure the mount doesn't extend past the side of the TV and hang the TV as far left or right as the mount will allow. Wouldn't hurt to use a couple of those Toggler Bolts I guess.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Toggler bolts would be superfluous to the holding power of lag bolts in the studs. I wouldn't put extra holes in the wall if I didn't have to.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I see what you are saying. Make sure the mount doesn't extend past the side of the TV and hang the TV as far left or right as the mount will allow. Wouldn't hurt to use a couple of those Toggler Bolts I guess.
That is exactly what we did with my kid's TV mount. Works just fine and you don't see it. TV is about 3" off center of the mount and you don't see it at all. Toggle bolts add no real benefit IMO, and I agree, they are nowhere near as strong as bolts into studs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis