Vote for the Best Written SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer Review

Vote for the best SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer Review(er)!

• sluggo819 Review

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • pcweber111 Review

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Travis T Review

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • DIGITALBATH Review

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcus Kuenzer Review

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 lucky contestants were given the opportunity to write reviews on two brand new SVS subwoofers. Five wrote reviews on the SVS SB-1000 sub, and the other five on the PB-1000 sub.

Well the reviews are IN!

Vote for your favorite (best-written, most thorough, schnazziest, etc) review in the poll above and make any comments to substantiate your vote (and perhaps sway others) in this thread.

Here are links to the reviews, in the same order as the poll above:

PB-1000 Reviews

Enjoy and let the best review(er) win!

Be sure to get your votes in by 8:41PM February 13th. Also we encourage you to provide comments in this thread as to what lead you to your selection. Thanks for your participation!

- The Audioholics Forum Team

PB_1000_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kleinwl

Audioholic
I liked PCWeber's posting, not because it had alot of measurements, because it didn't but because it was slightly better than Digibath's. I really wanted to vote for Digibath, but his review was waayy to short, like he through it together at the last minute. I was disappointed. I would have liked some measurements or audio files of PCWeber's review.

M

mhamer

Enthusiast
I liked Sluggo's he had fun with it. BUY THIS SUBWOOFER.

V

vicolindo

Audiophyte
I liked pcweber111's review the most. It was coherent, intelligent and well-written. Good job!

Last edited by a moderator:
cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
My thoughts on the reviews...

- Sluggo: it's a review, not an advertisement
- PCWeber: the most dispassionate of the bunch. Good context information. Well-written.
- Travis: while I understand the desire to provide a context by comparing the SVS to your BIC, I felt as though you spent too much time on the BIC, leaving me feeling that the SVS was under-reviewed.
- DIGITALBATH: I felt you wrote a very nice review (you were a very close second-place choice), but, and I know this is really petty, I just couldn't get past how you tried to spell aesthetics (or, if you prefer, esthetics). It reminded me of a time when I was an undergrad, and one of my comp professors knocked me for having a comma splice in the last sentence of a five-paragraph essay: it's like you got all dressed up in a tuxedo and forgot to do up your zipper. Sorry.
- Marcus: a little brief.

One thing struck me about these reviews: we all have the template for reviews like these fixed firmly in our minds.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I liked PCWeber's review the best. I found Sluggo's to be a bit too informal. PCWeber got to the point and gave me the information and imnages I was looking for. The other's were too short.

majorloser

majorloser

Clint/Gene: Is there any way you can have a minimum forum post requirement before anybody can vote?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Clint/Gene: Is there any way you can have a minimum forum post requirement before anybody can vote?
I figure if the contestants can have only one post, why not the voters? Seriously. :)

After all, this contest is intended to get visibility for SVS and AH, right? The more people that can come, read, and vote - the better.

T

Travis T

Enthusiast
My thoughts on the reviews...

- Travis: while I understand the desire to provide a context by comparing the SVS to your BIC, I felt as though you spent too much time on the BIC, leaving me feeling that the SVS was under-reviewed.
Fair enough. :)

Definitely wanted to really compare the differences in a somewhat popular ~$300 sub vs a $500 one from a well-regarded manufacturer.

P

PETE H

Audiophyte
Travis' situation was most comparable to mine.. room size, existing equipment, also.. similar games/movies... easy to relate to

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Congratulations to pcweber111, winner of the PB-1000 Review contest for his excellent review of the PB-1000. A big thank you to all of the reviewers that took part in this contest to help make it a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis