VIZIO P-Series Ultra HD Displays Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The VIZIO P-Series looks top-notch with a Ultra HD panel, 64 areas of dimmable LED backlighting, 802.11ac dual-band MIMO wireless connection, H.265 codec support for 4k streaming, and a variety of sizes. What it doesn't have, and it seems no future VIZIO displays will have either, is 3D. While pricing hasn't been announced, historically, VIZIO has tried to undercut the competition. We can't wait to see what they come up with for the P-Series.

Discuss "VIZIO P-Series Ultra HD Displays Preview" here. Read the article.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I assume pricing of these products will be with quite many zeros after the first digit :eek:

A

AVEnthusiast

Audiophyte
P Series Pricing HAS Been Announced

It was announced before you posted this article. Do your research Tom.

News and Press - VIZIO Announces Pricing For Best-In-Class P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV, Delivering Advanced Picture Quality with Powerful Performance for Beautifully Simple Ultra HD Experience | VIZIO

Starts at $999 for the 50" model and goes up to $2599 for the 70". Very aggressive pricing that will not only be a compelling option for shoppers, but will drive other manufacturers to lower their prices on 4K TVs. 4K is utterly stupid for most screen sizes and viewing distances, but the extra local dimming zones over Vizio's 2014 M-Series and better image processing may be worth the extra cost.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It was announced before you posted this article. Do your research Tom.

News and Press - VIZIO Announces Pricing For Best-In-Class P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV, Delivering Advanced Picture Quality with Powerful Performance for Beautifully Simple Ultra HD Experience | VIZIO

Starts at $999 for the 50" model and goes up to $2599 for the 70". Very aggressive pricing that will not only be a compelling option for shoppers, but will drive other manufacturers to lower their prices on 4K TVs. 4K is utterly stupid for most screen sizes and viewing distances, but the extra local dimming zones over Vizio's 2014 M-Series and better image processing may be worth the extra cost.
This is a very well written 1st post :D

N

nickboros

Audioholic

I absolutely agree. This is very good pricing even if I didn't know that they were 4k and they just had the local dimming, etc. The only criticism that I have is it would be nice to have larger sizes (since we are talking about 4k here) and perhaps even a 2.35:1 aspect ratio tv like another manufacturer just announced.

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
The pricing and (non AV obsessed) folks will flock to the 4K tag and marketing. This should bring the price of 1080p TVs down as well.

Unfortunately, I got my heart set on a Panny VT60 and limited supplies are keeping the price up.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nice to see some more coming. Amazon has Seiko Digital brand 50" 4k sets for $1000 (and I could swear that those were $700 last month), but I'd be more comfortable buying from an established brand like Vizio.

4k might be wasted on TVs for now, but not so much for a larger screen computer monitor.

B

bwilberg266

Audioholic Intern
The pricing and (non AV obsessed) folks will flock to the 4K tag and marketing. This should bring the price of 1080p TVs down as well.

Unfortunately, I got my heart set on a Panny VT60 and limited supplies are keeping the price up.
I would suggest checking out your local Best Buy to see if they have display models left that they would be willing to sell. One by me was offering their 60VT60 for $1399 when I asked. It was not marked as an open box item or for sale, but after discussing with the manager we agreed on that price. Then the only problem was I had no way of getting it home as they won't deliver an open box item and it wouldn't fit in my vehicle...

On the up side I think I will end up getting one of these Vizio P-Series models when they come out which will allow me to save some more money and pay in cash once they come out.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Those were Seiki and I think they were limited to 30hz/30fps, which is meh. I'm definitely looking forward to these Vizios. And yes, higher resolution would be great for computer monitors. I'd be happy with a 40" 8K :)

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
Meh. The TV industry's insistence on HDMI is the reason why Dell and Asus and Sharp can get away with charging $3,000-4,000 for a 30" screen with no TV tuner.

All of these new TVs are just lame duck products until HDMI 2.0 finally arrives to drive down the prices of the obscenely priced Displayport 1.2 monitors that have a monopoly on 4K @ 60Hz right now.

B

bwilberg266

Audioholic Intern
Meh. The TV industry's insistence on HDMI is the reason why Dell and Asus and Sharp can get away with charging $3,000-4,000 for a 30" screen with no TV tuner.

All of these new TVs are just lame duck products until HDMI 2.0 finally arrives to drive down the prices of the obscenely priced Displayport 1.2 monitors that have a monopoly on 4K @ 60Hz right now.
You do realize you are posting this comment on a thread about a 50" TV with HDMI 2.0 and 4K at 60hz and 120fps in game mode that is only $999 correct? Why would this TV in your definition be a lame duck?

TRT

TRT

Junior Audioholic
You do realize you are posting this comment on a thread about a 50" TV with HDMI 2.0 and 4K at 60hz and 120fps in game mode that is only $999 correct? Why would this TV in your definition be a lame duck?
OOPS! Talk about a aah-haa moment!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis