slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
What's wrong with the ProJect? I really like mine A LOT *lol*
Oh yeah, the U-Turn doesnt have to pull off the platter to change the speed!

I hate removing the platter to change speed on the Pro-Ject. Of course, the Speedbox solves that issue.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I also think the U-Turn would be a good budget TT option.

In hindsight, I kind of think I should have gone for the U-Turn over my Pro-Ject (see avatar).

Did your Pro-Ject come with the Acryl-it platter?
Here it is...
IMG_1055.JPG

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh yeah, the U-Turn doesnt have to pull off the platter to change the speed!

I hate removing the platter to change speed on the Pro-Ject. Of course, the Speedbox solves that issue.
Yeah, I gotta invest in that speed box so I don't have to lift the platter either. It's my only complaint.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
I learn something every day. I didn't know they made clear pressings. One more thing to look forward to
While I've been occupied with Identity thief, I regret missing this post but better late than not at all, I have about 3 vinyl that are clear, one I recall clearly is by Ray Charles which I bought about 40 yrs ago but what surprise me even more is when I saw a LP on Amazon selling for $3000 titled Asphalt Canyon Suite by Kenny Burrell which was on the Verve label which was the 1st LP I bought when I was in the 7th grade which is in good condition along with the cover, I followed the listing which it sold for $2400 2 weeks later and my wife said to me she's going to have a collector come in when I'm out of town to evaluate my LP'S which she was kidding. One thing that gives value to vinyl is there are many that weren't allowed to be printed on CD, just sorry I missed out on this post...

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
If its show-n-tell day, I would like to participate and show the U-Turn Orbit Pro that sits in my room.
All black and ready to spin the vinyl. Queing lever and acrylic platter. I like the way it looks (subjective) and I like the way it sounds (subjective). At show-n-tell it doesn't really matter.
upload_2017-3-5_11-21-47.png

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary
Release: May 26, 2017

The Beatles will celebrate the 50th anniversary of their groundbreaking album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band with several reissue packages arriving May 26th.

A new stereo mix of the album will be available as a single CD and as part of every other package. An expanded deluxe edition will be released digitally, as a two-CD set or two-LP vinyl package. A super deluxe six-disc box set will also be available.

All three deluxe editions of Sgt. Pepper will boast previously unreleased complete takes of all 13 album tracks. The deluxe CD and digital versions will also include new stereo mixes: a previously unreleased instrumental take of "Penny Lane" and two unreleased takes of "Strawberry Fields Forever."

The super deluxe box set come with all of the aforementioned CDs, plus 33 more recordings from the Sgt. Pepper sessions, most of which have never been released and were newly mixed from the four-track session tapes. A fourth disc will include early, unreleased mono mixes of several songs and a direct transfer of the album's original mono mix. Discs five and six will boast surround-sound audio mixes of the album on Blu-ray and DVD, as well as promo films for several tracks and a restored version of the rare 1992 documentary, The Making of Sgt. Pepper.

The super deluxe package will also come with a 144-page hardcover book featuring a new introduction from Paul McCartney and producer Giles Martin, who newly mixed the reissue with Sam Okell. The book will explore every facet of Sgt. Pepper, from its songs and legendary cover art to musical innovations and historical context. Beatles historian Kevin Howlett, composer and musicologist Howard Goodall, producer Joe Boyd and journalists Ed Vulliamy and Jeff Slate all contributed to the book. A 50-page abridged booklet will be available in the two-CD deluxe edition.

Disc 1
1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Remastered 2017)
2. With A Little Help From My Friends (Remastered 2017)
3. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (Remastered 2017)
4. Getting Better (Remastered 2017)
5. Fixing A Hole (Remastered 2017)
6. She's Leaving Home (Remastered 2017)
7. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite! (Remastered 2017)
8. Within You Without You (Remastered 2017)
9. When I'm Sixty - Four (Remastered 2017)
10. Lovely Rita (Remastered 2017)
11. Good Morning Good Morning (Remastered 2017)
12. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (Remastered 2017)
13. A Day In The Life (Remastered 2017)

Disc 2
1. Strawberry Fields Forever (Take 1 / 2017 Remaster)
2. Strawberry Fields Forever (Takes 4 & 5)
3. Strawberry Fields Forever (Take 7)
4. Strawberry Fields Forever (Take 26)
5. Strawberry Fields Forever (Stereo / Giles Martin Mix 2015)
6. When I'm Sixty - Four (Take 2)
7. Penny Lane (Take 6 - Instrumental)
8. Penny Lane (Vocal Overdubs And Speech)
9. Penny Lane (Stereo / Giles Martin Mix 2017)
10. A Day In The Life (Take 1)
11. A Day In The Life (Take 2)
12. A Day In The Life (Orchestra Overdub)
13. A Day In The Life (Hummed Last Chord, Takes 8, 9, 10 and 11)
14. A Day In The Life (The Last Chord)
15. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Take 1 - Instrumental)
16. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Take 9 And Speech)
17. Good Morning Good Morning (Take 1 - Instrumental, Breakdown)
18. Good Morning Good Morning (Take 8)

Disc 3
1. Fixing A Hole (Take 1)
2. Fixing A Hole (Speech And Take 3)
3. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite! (Speech From Before Take 1; Take 4 And Speech At End)
4. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite! (Take 7)
5. Lovely Rita (Speech And Take 9)
6. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (Take 1 And Speech At The End)
7. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (Speech, False Start And Take 5)
8. Getting Better (Take 1 - Instrumental And Speech At The End)
9. Getting Better (Take 12)
10. Within You Without You (Take 1 - Indian Instruments)
11. Within You Without You (With George Coaching The Musicians)
12. She's Leaving Home (Take 1 - Instrumental)
13. She's Leaving Home (Take 6 - Instrumental)
14. With A Little Help From My Friends (Take 1 - False Start And Take 2)
15. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (Take 8)

Disc 4
1. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967 Mono mix)
2. With A Little Help From My Friends (1967 Mono mix)
3. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (1967 Mono mix)
4. Getting Better (1967 Mono mix)
5. Fixing A Hole (1967 Mono mix)
6. She's Leaving Home (1967 Mono mix)
7. Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite! (1967 Mono mix)
8. Within You Without You (1967 Mono mix)
9. When I'm Sixty Four (1967 Mono mix)
10. Lovely Rita (1967 Mono mix)
11. Good Morning Good Morning (1967 Mono mix)
12. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (1967 Mono mix)
13. A Day In The Life (1967 Mono mix)
14. Strawberry Fields Forever (1967 Mono mix)
15. Penny Lane (1967 Mono mix)
16. A Day In The Life (First Mono Mix)
17. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (Original Mono Mix - No. 11)
18. She's Leaving Home (First Mono Mix)
19. Penny Lane (Capitol Records Mono US Promo Mix)

Disc 5 (DVD)
1. A Day In The Life (Music Video)
2. Strawberry Fields Forever (Music Video)
3. Penny Lane (Music Video)
4. The Making of Sgt. Pepper
5. Full album audio: Audio DTS Dolby Digital 5.1 and LPCM Stereo

Disc 6 (Blu-Ray)
1. A Day In The Life - (Music Video)
2. Strawberry Fields Forever (Music Video)
3. Penny Lane (Music Video)
4. The Making of Sgt. Pepper
5. Full album audio: DTS HD Master Audio 5.1, Dolby True HD 5.1 and LPCM Stereo in (24bit/96k) high resolution.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Wait, you THINK it was? o_O
I live in Phoenix metro area, the home of the good samaritan laws letting you break in to other peoples cars if you think its hot outside and somethings in jeopardy inside a car. I could see this happening on the 6 o'clock news. The article got me hook, line and sinker right up to the part where the judge is going to rule whether the owner is smart enough to own such a vinyl treasure. I spit out the hook and started laughing.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I might appreciate it more if it had a tonearm and could actually play an LP.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Silly, you're supposed to add an esoteric tone arm etc....d'oh, it's high end!
I have never owned a turntable that came with an arm. I have always added my own, and changed them at times.

The trouble with that Technics is that it will be very hard to do a good job of mounting an arm. That looks at first sight to be a stupid awkward design. Personally I have always avoided Far Eastern turntables like the plague.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have never owned a turntable that came with an arm. I have always added my own, and changed them at times.

The trouble with that Technics is that it will be very hard to do a good job of mounting an arm. That looks at first sight to be a stupid awkward design. Personally I have always avoided Far Eastern turntables like the plague.
LOL. I guess you're feeling normal again. That british crap just doesn't do it for me.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
LOL. I guess you're feeling normal again. That british crap just doesn't do it for me.
What about the Swiss?

Swiss turntable, British arm and US cartridge.

Two of my turntables are Swiss, and two British. All the arms are British, three from SME and one Decca. I have another Decca not in use.

I would remind you that the first turntables to have high fidelity performance came from the UK.

Way back then the turntables from Sugden and Garrard, especially the latter set the standard. Garrard produced a lot of junk turntables, but the 301 and then the 401 were remarkable turntables.

People still seem attracted to these turntables.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis