Vintage Audio Equipment

D

derrickdj1

Audioholic Intern
I have some old audio equipment that I enjoy and wondered what vintage audio equipment other still enjoy. For example, amp, speaker, turn table or tape decks. I use a Yamaha M 70 power amp and think it is fantastic. It was made in the early to mid 80's. I also still use my infinity satellite speaker system from the early to mid 90's. I thoughts this might be a fun topic. What do you have that is still going strong.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I use a Yamaha CDC-645 cd player with remote gain connected to (2) Denon POA 2200 amps in a bi-amped 2-channel rig. Speakers are MB Quart QL-S830.

D

derrickdj1

Audioholic Intern
Vintage Equipment

Zumbo, very cool two channel listening. I have an Yamaha M 70 amp that I use for two channel listening when the wife leaves the house. That's the only time I can really crank it up!!! A lot of vintage equpiment was made when production focused on quality and cost was not as big of a concern. I will put my vintage amp up to any newer model amp! I have Klipsch speakers. Many Klipsch fans restore vintage speakers, such as, K horns, Lascala and the rest of the Heritage line.

O

Oldlistener50

Audioholic Intern
How many ears

does the average human have? :) Two! I recently returned to stereo with a decent receiver, turntable, and headphones. I'm now hearing sounds on my album collection I never knew existed.

Next step is a Bottlehead Seduction tube phone preamp, can't wait to get it built and try it out.

I think you're on the right track. Personally, I prefer vintage gear, a knob for everything, etc. Good listening!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I've got some equipment that's 10 to 20 years old...dunno if that's old enough to be considered vintage :) Yamaha RX-V795 for my computer speakers, and a Denon POA-2400A for my mains in my HT.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
I use a pair of Magnepan MG1.5qr's (late 1980's) on a pair of Denon POA4400 Class A Reference mono amps, my most "treasured' piece of audio gear (also late 1980's). I listen to these everyday, after work with a glass of whiskey (a big glass!)

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have some old audio equipment that I enjoy and wondered what vintage audio equipment other still enjoy. For example, amp, speaker, turn table or tape decks. I use a Yamaha M 70 power amp and think it is fantastic. It was made in the early to mid 80's. I also still use my infinity satellite speaker system from the early to mid 90's. I thoughts this might be a fun topic. What do you have that is still going strong.
I use a lot of vintage equipment.

O

Oldlistener50

Audioholic Intern
Wow that's sweet

Nice setup. Tape is one of those things on my do-before-I-die list.

D

derrickdj1

Audioholic Intern
Vintage Equipment

Two channel stereo listening is the best. just seem a little bit more personal. I had an old Technic turntable in college along with a technic receiver, spent hours looking at the lights, and other things. I like the glass of whiskey to round out the day. A friend of mine as one of the large Teac tape deck that look so impressive. I guess audio people have loved their gear since the beginning of the audio era, lol. Despite all the advances in technology, it all comes down to the personal experience.

O

Oldlistener50

Audioholic Intern
Me too

I remember staring at the analog VU meters watching them dance...

Nowadays you don't see them anywhere. And my receiver has a button I can push to kill all visual displays and indicators whatsoever, to minimise chances of extraneous noise getting into the output circuits.

Sure miss watching those needles though...

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Nice setup. Tape is one of those things on my do-before-I-die list.
If you really are interested, I have a couple of Revox tape recorders, I have not got round to restoring, as I don't have a use for them. They need restoration and a good home. One is a very nice B77, the other is an A77.

I could restore you one and cut you a deal, if you really do want a tape machine.

generalkorrd

generalkorrd

Audioholic Intern
My babies!

Fot those into car audio ( at one time or another):

D

derrickdj1

Audioholic Intern
Yes, looking at the lights, meter and display was part of the enjoyment!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis