Video switching - HELP

• Thread starter roccostiffready
  • Start date
R

roccostiffready

Enthusiast
A couple of weeks ago I bought the NAD T773 A/V receiver. Recently I tried to watch TV while listening to a CD. Cannot be done unless I run two sets of cables to my speaker and use zone 2. Is this an expected solution? Are all A/V receivers like this?

Mark

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
There are some receivers that can do different audio/video feeds to the main zone. You should add an A/B switch for your setup.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Watch TV while simultaneouslty listening to a CD?

Yeah, this is a two zone function when all sources are fed through the receiver. You can only use one source per zone.

If I were you, I'd run all video sources to the TV, thereby usiig the TV as the video sourse selector, and all audio to the receiver, using that as the audio selector. That will afford you the flexibility you seem to want.

W

WeAreSurrounded

Audioholic
It's very easy with Denons !

roccostiffready said:
A couple of weeks ago I bought the NAD T773 A/V receiver. Recently I tried to watch TV while listening to a CD. Cannot be done unless I run two sets of cables to my speaker and use zone 2. Is this an expected solution? Are all A/V receivers like this? Mark
I do it all the time with my Denon 4306 and it works great ! :D :D :D
And you have actually two different ways to accomplish this:
1) Using Video Source function/button (you can select the video independently from what your Main Zone source is)
2) Using analog EXT.IN input/button (no matter what the Main Zone source is, the Audio will be played from the EXT.In input device)

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
One more thing...

If by 'watch tv' you mean see the video only (no sound) then it can be done on most receivers by selecting the video input first and then the audio input.

So if the TV is connected to an a/v input like Video1 and the CD player is connected to the CD/Tape input (audio only inputs) then selecting video1 will get the image on the TV and selecting CD will get the audio from the cd player.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis