Video of my new build.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Here is a video of my new build.The video has no audio as its just a rough example of a new build i put together around 2 months ago. I have it hooked up to my AVP. All the parts i used are in the heading. I have an Auzentech X-FI 7.1 DTS-MA Sound card waiting to go into the mix also.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Pretty.

Water cooling is not for me, but I admire the clean look of it in other people's systems.

Fun fact: I played with peltier coolers back in the AMD K6 / Pentium MMX days. One day I started getting frequent blue screens of death. Eventually I removed the peltier cooler from my CPU intending to re-seat it, and discovered my CPU had mold growing on it! The cooler was cooling too well. It was freezing the thermal paste, the CPU was melting the frost, and water was condensing onto the chip. True story.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
CPU coolers can have a huge impact on pc performance as a bad cooler can even cause game stutter if its not working right.Heat and dust are the main foes of the computer world.Even in the home theatre world its the cause of so many underlying problems.This is why you will never see any of my amps in a enclosed rack system as in most cases the heat and dust reduces their life span.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I take it you game by the looks of the box and it is clean and well done. It appears to be an X99 Mobo? or the I7 6700 series? I see DDR4 Memory.
1. Do you leave your PC uncovered like that, or do you have a cover for it?
2. Do you massively overclock your PC? I don't think I have ever seen so many fans+water cooling in one case.

The only downside, even though fans can be relatively quiet, that many fans, how loud does the case get?

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Hi Cos, i have the Bitspower x station which my fans plug into, which has 4x12volt and 4x5volt connectors. The radiator fans are plugged into the 5volt and the case fans into the 12v. The air comes up through the bottom vent of the case and is blown from right to left and sucked out through the radiator.I had a noise issue with the fans but switched the voltage and all is good with very little noise as i had the voltage back to front and was getting too much noise from the radiator fans so i switched them to the 5volt, as these fans and radiator are designed to run at low voltage for that very reason.:) The motherboard is an X79 and the memory is DDR3 and the CPU is a 3960X sandy bridge E.I don't overclock as i think its a waste of time as it runs great anyway, plus as long as there is no game stutter then i am happy. Too many problems with overclocking. I have a cover for it but don't use it as the room that it is in has very little dust in it as its all sound proof and is a dedicated theatre room with no windows. Just the 2 doors on the same frame to keep noise out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis