VidaBox Ultimate iPad On-wall Mount Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
VidaBox LLC today announced that the company is now shipping its on-wall iPad mounting solutions. A perfect fusion of form and function at a great value, the on-wall mounts add a touch of elegance to any high-end installation, bolstered with the iPower charging station — a custom-engineered solution available exclusively from VidaBox — to deliver power to up to four iPad-compatible power feeds over CAT5.

Discuss "VidaBox Ultimate iPad On-wall Mount Preview" here. Read the article.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Maybe I'm being a bit too obtuse here, but the iPad is a device designed for portability. What's the point of putting it in a wall-mount?

I mean, it's OK if you can easily pull it out of the wall-mount so you can keep it next to you as you sit on the couch, maybe reading your paper between the moments you need to use it as a remote for your set-up, but to permanently stick it in a wall-mount?

That strikes me as more than just a bit ludicrous.

digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic
Maybe I'm being a bit too obtuse here, but the iPad is a device designed for portability. What's the point of putting it in a wall-mount?
That strikes me as more than just a bit ludicrous.
My thoughts EXACTLY! If you wanted a wall-mounted, touchscreen interface for controlling A/V equipment, home automation, etc..... then there are numerous alternatives that will all be much cheaper than an iPad.

??? I'm stupified.

digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic
Case in point... 3 touchscreens with power adapters included for about the same cost - of this setup without iPads... so get ready to add another $500 or so per location for that. Sure the iPad has tons of apps and you can browse the web on them, but do you really want to do anything like that while standing facing a wall in your home?!?

Disclamer: I don't have any familiarity with the product mentioned above - it's just the first thing that came up in my search. I realize that it's only meant to be part of a larger whole-house install - but then so is the VidaBox product as well, right?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis