Very low volume from analog input

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Hi There- Hoping someone can help me. Last weekend everything was working. When I tried to play some music today there is barely any sound coming from the analog input of the receiver. I have to turn it up to about -14db to here anything. When I switch to the digital input, it sounds fine. My equipment is the Yamaha rx-v2500 and an Oppo 105 for source. The digital input from the the Direct TV box and the digital input connected to the Oppo is fine, but again there is barely any sound from the analog input. I did switch to other analog inputs on the receiver but no luck :( any ideas ?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi There- Hoping someone can help me. Last weekend everything was working. When I tried to play some music today there is barely any sound coming from the analog input of the receiver. I have to turn it up to about -14db to here anything. When I switch to the digital input, it sounds fine. My equipment is the Yamaha rx-v2500 and an Oppo 105 for source. The digital input from the the Direct TV box and the digital input connected to the Oppo is fine, but again there is barely any sound from the analog input. I did switch to other analog inputs on the receiver but no luck :( any ideas ?
That sounds like a fault in the analog preamp section. Try a reset but I'm not optimistic.

That is an old pre HDMI receiver over 10 years old. It is well past its expected life. It is not worth a red cent, and should not be repaired. If a reset does not do the trick it needs a trip to the recycling center.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
That sounds like a fault in the analog preamp section. Try a reset but I'm not optimistic.

That is an old pre HDMI receiver over 10 years old. It is well past its expected life. It is not worth a red cent, and should not be repaired. If a reset does not do the trick it needs a trip to the recycling center.
Thanks for replying. Yeah, I hear you. I was trying to get a little more mileage out of it. But I know it's ready for the scrap heap. I can't complain though, it never gave me any issues.

This might be another thread but what do you think about the latest Yamaha models (2060 and 3060)?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for replying. Yeah, I hear you. I was trying to get a little more mileage out of it. But I know it's ready for the scrap heap. I can't complain though, it never gave me any issues.

This might be another thread but what do you think about the latest Yamaha models (2060 and 3060)?
Those Aventage receivers have a solid reputation I think. But do your due diligence. Just avoid the bottom end of the Yamaha range which is known to be bad news.

I'm not a receiver guy myself, preferring the pro/pro approach to get all power amps and heat away from the fragile stuff, like HDMI boards.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Space and cost is a consideration so I'm going to stick with a receiver. I just ordered the 3060!

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Good luck with it. The Aventage receivers are good units

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Good luck with it. The Aventage receivers are good units
Thanks very much! My other choice was going to be the MRX720, :) but I chose to save a little cash.
Hope I made the right move. It gets here tomorrow..

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks very much! My other choice was going to be the MRX720, :) but I chose to save a little cash.
Hope I made the right move. It gets here tomorrow..
Good choice, the 3060 beats the 720 in every way except REQ.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Good choice, the 3060 beats the 720 in every way except REQ.
Thanks. Yes I was thinking that YPAO definitely gives it up to ARC, but hopefully I can get it sounding good in my room.

I know room treatments will help as well. When I get it all set up, I will post some pics and ask for room treatment recommendations from you guys, as I have limited knowledge in that area.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General

So we have this cat who likes to step on/knead the remotes...Anyways, she somehow turned the volume down on the Oppo and I didn't realize it. When I increased the volume and set it to fixed on the Oppo, the analog sound came back.. :oops: There is nothing wrong with the 2500. I still got the 3060 though....:D Awesome receiver! The 2500 got moved to the bedroom.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
So we have this cat who likes to step on/knead the remotes...Anyways, she somehow turned the volume down on the Oppo and I didn't realize it. When I increased the volume and set it to fixed on the Oppo, the analog sound came back.. :oops: There is nothing wrong with the 2500. I still got the 3060 though....:D Awesome receiver! The 2500 got moved to the bedroom.
Little arse hole cats! :)

BTW, that "kneading" is called "smurgling"......seriously, that's the word for it. ;)

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Little arse hole cats! :)

BTW, that "kneading" is called "smurgling"......seriously, that's the word for it. ;)
smurgling? LMAO!.. Ya learn something new everyday. I'm just glad my old receiver still works. Gotta love our pets (don't we?) :)

I ran YPAO on the new 3060 this weekend. I'm still fiddling with it, but it's the best receiver I ever had! It makes my speakers sound Freaking awesome!! Not getting much work done today....and the features! oh man..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis