Very Little Subwoofer sound

C

CarlSchmidt

Audiophyte
Hello!

I have a new Onky TX-SR333 receiver that I am using with some older JVC speakers (currently only using front L/R and center) and sub (JVC SP-PWA-350).

Current settings
Speaker Size: Small
Crossover: 120hz
Bass: +10dB (for testing sounds)

While playing music, if I put my ear up to the sub, I can tell it is playing bass sounds, just barely audible. Adjusting the volume knob up and down makes some difference (more so when I turn it down all the way. The bass disappears completely then), but it is very difficult to hear it at all.

Sub is connected to the subwoofer output on the receiver.

Is the sub speaker bad? Or the Sub Amp? Do I need to change settings on the receiver?

Your help is appreciated!

Carl

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello!

I have a new Onky TX-SR333 receiver that I am using with some older JVC speakers (currently only using front L/R and center) and sub (JVC SP-PWA-350).

Current settings

While playing music, if I put my ear up to the sub, I can tell it is playing bass sounds, just barely audible. Adjusting the volume knob up and down makes some difference (more so when I turn it down all the way. The bass disappears completely then), but it is very difficult to hear it at all.

Is the sub speaker bad? Or the Sub Amp? Do I need to change settings on the receiver?

The sub is so old, I can find no useful information about it. I suspect the sub is toast.

Connect a CD player or iPhone to the RCA input of the sub. If you get very low volume the sub is garbage. If you get decent volume, then your receiver has a problem.

Carl

h2oyo

h2oyo

Audioholic Intern
I would think with the crossover that high it could minamize sub coming from the sub. I'm sure Carl knows a lot more about this than I, but I still would try to lower your crossover to 80 and see if that helps.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I would think with the crossover that high it could minamize sub coming from the sub. I'm sure Carl knows a lot more about this than I, but I still would try to lower your crossover to 80 and see if that helps.
What?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Hello!

Current settings

Carl
Welcome. :)

Do you have a BlueRay player hooked up? How does a BD movie sound with the sub?

I would suggest reading that Onky manual as I am pretty sure you need a different setting for the sub to be active with 2 ch CD music. You need something that is recorder in 5.1 for the receiver to activate the sub. My Onkt 705 receiver menue needs to be reset to "double bass" settings if I want the 1812 to show off the canons. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis