Vertical green stripe runing down my screen...

J

joelaron

Audiophyte
Vertical green stripe running down my screen...

Just tonight, in an instant, a green pixle wide stripe appeared on my plasma display. The monitor is only 4 months new, and gets medium tv usage.

The monitor is a panasonic th42pwd6uy. The stripe can be seen in all input modes (my heart dropped when I found that out). The stripe seems to go faint when any image that's black is in the area of the stipe. The stripe is about 3 inches from the left border of the screen.
The stripe seems to 'shimer' as if it's noise. One would guess that the blue and red gave up.

I bought the the monitor from dtvcity.com, and my luck... have to wait till Monday to get this taken care of. What would be great, is to hear from anyone that's had the same problem, and what they had to do to cure/fix the problem.

thanks so much again for this forum, and any input from you all!

-J

Last edited:
M

Mr.T

Audioholic
J, the problem is not related to the Matrix or R-G-B color output circuitry thinking that if the Red & Blue output colors quit working, the Green color becomes dominant.

There has been some reports of Power Boards failure on some Panasonic professional and consumer model Plasmas since last summer mostly on the TH-42PX20U/Y which I beleive it has been corrected on the current model TH-42PX25U/P. There is also a possibility that your TH-42PWD6UY was also utilizing the same power board which I am sure has been corrected also on the newer model TH-42PWD7UY.

Whatever the problem is with your plasma, don't waist anytime in getting it exchanged for one of the newer models.
Panasonic new line of plasma are listed right now on www.panasonic.com

Attachments

Last edited:
J

joelaron

Audiophyte
Thank you Mr T.!

Trying to go to sleep last night was no fun. (how does one sleep with a green line on their plasma?).

I found a post from you from last month that sounds like I have the same problem:
http://www.audioholics.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-4960.html

I'll manage to get through today without crying, and call dtvcity first thing Monday am.

one interesting note, I've talked all my friends and brother to get the same monitor, and since they just got their sets, they all got the 7uy. When we plugged my brother's 7uy in, the first thing i noticed was how much brighter his set was over my 6uy. hmm.

Thanks again for your help, and your quick reply!

-Joel

Mr.T said:
J, the problem is not related to the Matrix or R-G-B color output circuitry thinking that if the Red & Blue output colors quit working, the Green color becomes dominant.

There has been some reports of Power Boards failure on some Panasonic professional and consumer model Plasmas since last summer mostly on the TH-42PX20U/Y which I beleive it has been corrected on the current model TH-42PX25U/P. There is also a possibility that your TH-42PWD6UY was also utilizing the same power board which I am sure has been corrected also on the newer model TH-42PWD7UY.

Whatever the problem is with your plasma, don't waist anytime in getting it exchanged for one of the newer models.
Panasonic new line of plasma are listed right now on www.panasonic.com

M

Mr.T

Audioholic
Yes, the model 7UY is 10% brighter due to new improved video enhancements and contrast ratio:
Get yourself the TH-42PWD7UY or TH-42PX25U/P both are new models.

Attachments

J

joelaron

Audiophyte
On the topic of getting a new display, does anyone have any experiences with exchanging a defective monior out for a new one? (from Panasonic or dtvcity.com) ?

Any input would be great to have!

thanks!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis