Velodyne F-1200 & 7 Speaker frequency setting?

T

Tunup

Audiophyte
Got Denon 4308 avr with a velodyne f-1200 servo sub using front speakers to sub's in & sub speaker out to Denon front speaker in ports. All 7 speaks are Polk RTi4 bookshelf except for Polk Center,same series & matching timbre to fronts. What should x-over/frequency setting be made on Denon's GUI screen for speaker settings of front, center surrounds in advanced speaker setting menu. In 1995 Velodyne reccomended to set 100 Hz low pass x-over. No need to use Line-Level stereo inputs,, not using two f-1200 subs or a pre-amp. However Denon has one hell of a gui screen, menu & user friendly.. Back in the day A/V Recievers didn,t have advanced frequency, decibel or audio range settings for 7.1 speaker system.. Manually Tailor made settings for string, brass, keyboard, organ/piano, percussion, instruments.. Also some bookshelf speakers today sound like large 4 ways. And last there is movie settings where bass plays a big part of a SW. This is what I need to learn between a speakers capabilities of range & what kind of music is playing or movie. What settings to make for the Velodyne in relation to their reccomendation of 100Hz low-pass x-over & what the Denon 4308 avr can achieve with it's advanced speaker settings. I do know about placement, distance, polarity, it the equalization, frequency & decibel settings of high to low pitch numbers. Thank All who can give me a jump start. I already got some reading to on using equalizer, amps, graphs & what they mean... Is this what Sound Engineers do? They have my respect.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Doesn't that receiver have an LFE/subwoofer line output? That way you can use the receiver's bass management settings In your situation, they are useless since you have to run the setup as not having a subwoofer..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis