Value Electronics Display Shootout 2014

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I think LG televisions look very good, but I struggle with how often I hear complaints, both second-hand and first-had, of issues with their electronics. I feel rather strongly that if someone wants a LG TV to last them for 5 years, then they better have a 5 year warranty on the display.

This is not something I see or feel with Sony, Samsung, and Sharp displays. Even Vizio, from what I continue to read online, has a better track record for reliability than LG does. Mostly, it seems, due to under-performing capacitors and power supply boards, but also lines which go out in their displays.

I am hopeful with their $3,500 price tag on the OLED models that perhaps they offer a bit better overall build quality, but based on their track record, I am dubious.

It is nice that after half a decade of OLED promises that it looks like we may have some actual product coming to market, but I'm not thrilled about LG being the one to 'lead the pack'.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
No more any LG products for me. After my only 6 years old plasma died, i did extensive online research and found that the issue is extremely common. Moreover the circuit board were very sloppy built and tv was not built to be easily serviced

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis