Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ron Temple said:
vuck vou...:D
Vretty Vuckin Vunny

j_garcia said:
Galaxy Quest looked stupid, but it was actually pretty funny.
That movie is stupid and hilarious at the same time. The best for me is I actually remember seeing "real" trekkies when I was young and thinking how ridiculous some of them looked. It made some of the jokes in the movie better for me.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Wow, I watched this last night and I really liked it. One of my favorite books in high school was 1984. This reminded me of a combo of that mixed with a modern nazi germany from the 30's-40's. I thought the story was very good, though the movie was a little confusing in a few parts. at the same time I really liked how they didn't elaborate much on many points.

The biggest problem I noticed was the dialogue seemed muted on my system quite a bit. i had to turn up the volume to hear the conversations at several points. It may be my DVD player, even though it has gotten decent reviews (Pioneer dv-578a) It's on it's way out. The surround sounded great to me. very good mixes, especially when shooting was going on.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie and liked the political undertones. Definately worth the $13.99 @ CC.

Jack

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The 1812 Overture scene has some very nice bass too. Sound was not quite as good as I would have hoped, AKA Matrix, but still pretty good overall. I haven't viewed any of the extras either, but most likely we will this weekend.

You need to replace that old Denon player Sheep, the new ones are very good...no jaggies on most anything with mine. Someone is selling a 2200 in the classifieds...

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
watched it last night. it was just ok for me. not spectacular, but not bad at all.

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
We watched it last night. Loved it. Restored my faith in movies like the original matrix did.

Pretty good sound.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
My wife and I watched it last night and I have to say we enjoyed it much more than anticipated. Sound was good - but agree the dialogue was sometimes hard to hear. Need to get some sound treatments up :rolleyes:

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
I thought the only one that was kind of hard to understand was V, but he was behind a metal mask, so I forgave him.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Just watched it last night and thought it was pretty good, but I don't much care for movies with that much political content. But still a good movie overall, and Natalie Portman was definitely a plus.

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
GlocksRock said:
Just watched it last night and thought it was pretty good, but I don't much care for movies with that much political content. But still a good movie overall, and Natalie Portman was definitely a plus.
This was my exact thoughts. Was a good movie but way too much politics. I ignored them and enjoyed thoroughly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis