Using "Wav comparison" in Exact Audio Copy?

B

brasarehot1

Audiophyte
I'm ripping/burning music from a bought CD just for safe keeping so I want to make sure that my ripped music is identical to the original CD's music, while using this EAC guide "http://blowfish.be/eac/Burn/burn.html".

I have burned a "CD #2" from my bought CD and have ripped files from "CD #2"; and now I want to check if the two ripped files [1st one from original CD, 2nd one from CD#2] match using "Wav comparison".

I found my correct offset value, pressed "detect write features", clicked "apply", and now under the writer tab in Driver options it has checked off "Drive is able to write UPC/ISRC".

So now I'm confused what to do next; it seems the guide suddenly stopped at this point.
How do I know if my Wav files match; do I get a report or something? Please tell me step by step because I have no clue what anything in the EAC program means (I'm just following instructions and trusting the information).

Thank you

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
I wouldn't be to worried about this. Unless there is something wrong with the information you see while you're ripping the CD such as the quality percentage being less than 100. You should also be given an "accurate rip confidence level" Accurate rip works by using a math function to make a small number to represent the ripped file. It then contacts a server that keeps tract of how many times that exact number comes up, if your number matches others there's for the same CD it reports back that the file was ripped accurately.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis