use front & rear ports on X-meridian simultaneusly

M

mehargags

Audiophyte
I wanna workaround a small problem, The X-meridian mutes the output from the rear ports if something is plugged in the Front panel header. I have tried different kind of Audio header connectors but it always mutes it. Tell me is the Xmeridian FP audio header an AC'97 or HD format ? I know excatly the pin assignments for both of them but I want to use the Front panel Audio out to be always dedicatedly connected to my headphones & the rear sh'd always stay ON giving output to my speakers. I guess this is the case with 90% of us. I can use a Y-splitter at the rear port sharing the output to both my speakers & my headphones, but in that case when the headphones take so much power from the port that the sound on speakers is very lifeless with no fidelity & really low in volume. The front port instead is additionally amp'd for headphones.

I have the diagrams that show me how pin assignments are in Ac'97 & HD formats. just if some one can advice me to design a circuit so i can use both rear & front ports simultaneously.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis