USB Dac to connect a TV and 2 PCs to active speakers

C

chrisr34000

Audiophyte
Hello everybody!

I need an external USB Dac to connect the following sources:

- LG Plasma TV (Audio optical OUT)

- my primary PC

-maybe another PC (onboard soundcard with digital output)

to a set of Adam F7 speakers via XLR.

So, I need a good DAC with optical and TRS inputs and XLR outputs. What would be a low budget solution for my needs?

Also, if I connect 3 sources to the DAC (2 PCs and one TV), how can I choose which signal should be sent to the speakers?

Thanks for your time,

Chris

C

chrisr34000

Audiophyte
Thank you for your suggestion!

I would want to go with the cheapest solution, but the question is: are balanced connections to the speakers worth the money? Isn't it more stable and clean that going with unbalanced RCA?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
stable? as in physically more stable?
Balanced cables are use for RF rejection and overcoming the signal loss for very long cable runs (hundreds of yards scale). At 3-6ft unbalanced but shielded cables work just fine
example: 6ft Premium 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M 22AWG Cable - Black - Monoprice.com

p.s: the Key for AVR it must have analog pre-outs, without these it will be useless.
good example: MARANTZ SR5007 100w x7 NetworkingTheater Receiver w/AirPlay 3D 4K | Accessories4less

bad example: DENON AVR-1913 7.1ch Home Theater Receiver w/AirPlay 3D ready | Accessories4less

These are just an examples - Disregard the prices, I was talking about 2nd hand market - aka Craiglist etc...

C

chrisr34000

Audiophyte
What happens if there is noise because of the power line? Wouldn't balanced cables help in this matter?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis