[Urgent] Energy 5.1 + Denon 591, good combo?

M

mwok

Audiophyte
I'm preparing to purchase the Energy 5.1 classic take speakers and a Denon 591 receiver. Is this a good choice?

Questions:
1) I need the receiver to run extremely silent and cool in a 76-80F ambient environment (plenty of ventilation space). Is the 591 passively cooled and will it run cool? I read that Onkyo tends to overheat.

2) I want to connect my PC to the receiver using optical only for audio (PC will be connected to monitor directly through DVI). Can I tell the receiver to just output the optical audio (with whatever audssey processing the receiver does) OR does it need an HDMI signal also?

3) I currently have a X-FI and Z-5500 speakers, the X-FI DAC sounds amazing for music and movies, will I notice a difference with this setup?

4) Does the unit produce any frequency/humming noise?

5) The receiver will be out of sight, does it include a IR external receiver so I can place it where I want?

6) What extra wires are needed? I notice on the 591 receiver, there are no "terminal" wires...I don't know what kind of wires are on the Energy speakers but it looks like terminal wires. SO where does it connect?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis