AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Upgrading - Infinity P362 + BIC PL-200 sub

Room - 18' x 20' x 10' ceiling

AVR - Denon 3312

Use:

Karaoke 70%
Others 30% - kids movies, casual music, Wii games.

Budget: $3,000 total

2 speakers for $2,400 or less
1 subwoofer for $600 or less

Some suggestions - JTR & Rythmik

So what would you recommend?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What's the reason for wanting to upgrade?
What? I need a reason? :eek::D

I suppose better sound for karaoke & casual party music.

The P362/PL-200 get no respect from relatives & friends.:D

After I played the Salon2, they didn't want to listen to the P362/PL200 anymore.:eek:

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
The JTR's won't work. The Triple 8HT are $1099 EACH :(

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
Since it's for karoke/kids movies, I bet some kind of pro audio sub would work pretty well on the sub portion (trading extension/low end for higher efficiency)

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
The cbts are perfect for that >_>;;

The sound won't change whether you're two inches or ten feet from them, on the ground or standing up!

Just throw some red vinyl laminate on top to make them look professional <_<;

Heck, build a sub yourself too

If you tell them you built it yourself you'll get mad respect ;D

A CSS Trio 12 + amp + box + spray paint will around 4-500 total and be as good as almost any $1200 sub besides an FV15HP

Last edited:
C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
What? I need a reason? :eek::D

I suppose better sound for karaoke & casual party music.

The P362/PL-200 get no respect from relatives & friends.:D

After I played the Salon2, they didn't want to listen to the P362/PL200 anymore.:eek:
If the Salon2 is the benchmark, and needing respect is the reason for the upgrade, I think you are in trouble. :D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
On a side note, why don't you drag the Orions over there?? Do you really need four sets of speakers in the HT!??

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
On a side note, why don't you drag the Orions over there?? Do you really need four sets of speakers in the HT!??
Like I said in the other thread, I'm convinced he's trying to build a Noah's Ark of speakers. I think it's the only realistic reason why he has so many. :D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Like I said in the other thread, I'm convinced he's trying to build a Noah's Ark of speakers. I think it's the only realistic reason why he has so many. :D
LOL!!!

What he needs is one speaker to rule them all, one speaker to find them, one speaker to bring them all, and in the darkness of his HT bind them.

D

DS-21

Full Audioholic
KEF Q900's? Big and beefy enough to take some abuse. Also, KEF's 8" coax is considerably more advanced (albeit less efficient, especially up top) than JTR's.

Or Seaton Sparks, maybe, if you want smaller.

The SVS sub that Josh last tested, vented with Peerless XXLS12.

L

Lordhumungus

Audioholic
Having lurked in these forums for a while now, it seems that no matter what you choose, it may end up being....less than satisfying compared to your other gear. Doesn't seem like you've left yourself much room for improvement :)

Maybe you could try to track down some cool vintage speaker? It'd at least be a different direction to try.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Get the JTRs and a Rythmik FV15HP, and donate the P362s and PL-200 to my living room >_>

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Having lurked in these forums for a while now, it seems that no matter what you choose, it may end up being....less than satisfying compared to your other gear. Doesn't seem like you've left yourself much room for improvement :)

Maybe you could try to track down some cool vintage speaker? It'd at least be a different direction to try.
I just noticed your sig. How do you like the Infinity and EMPs?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis