Upgrading from 602 S2

T

Tyrker

Audiophyte
I'm wanting to replace my B&W 602 S2 with something better, however, I can't get most floorstanding or any speaker bigger then them due to my location (and the size of my room would be constrictive).

Price range would be anything less than $1000, which is flexible. Been looking at some KEF (Q300 and iQ30) and some of B&W's newer models.

Current set up is: Laptop to DACMagic to Marantz SR4320 to two Marantz MA6100 amps to the 602 S2 and a BW ASW 675 sub.

Thank you in advance and if this is in the wrong place I'm sorry, first post :eek: .

T

Tyrker

Audiophyte
^ Wow, hadn't seen those in my search, and at a great price. I'm assuming these would beat out the KEF and definitely the 602s then? Any reason they're so cheap (didn't sell great, or new product replacing it?). They're also a very weird shape, was hoping to put them on a stand :/ .

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
^ Wow, hadn't seen those in my search, and at a great price. I'm assuming these would beat out the KEF and definitely the 602s then? Any reason they're so cheap (didn't sell great, or new product replacing it?). They're also a very weird shape, was hoping to put them on a stand :/ .
It is simply on closeout pricing - Boston tends to do these things
from time to time. The high resolution - with the detail, definition
and depth, along with the imaging and soundstage is very good.
I like KEF, however The VS 260 is my choice - not a fan of B&W.
For me, you have to spend near its regular price to be around its
quality, only you can decide. > This stand will work, it will handle
the back foot and cover most of the front, where it will sit nicely.
The Stand - Sanus
http://www.amazon.com/Sanus-22-inch-Foundations-Speaker-Stands/dp/B0006DPPCO
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=SANUS+SF+22+STANDS&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ACEW_enUS394US394&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2632847293749028962&sa=X&ei=3kE3T9CRH--psALX4qSWAg&ved=0CHAQ8wIwBQ#

T

Tyrker

Audiophyte
Well, I can't find a store to ship to FPO (Amazon and Vanns won't ship those speakers FPO) and the only one on ebay selling them is Vanns :( . I might try and get one of my family members back home to buy them and send them, but any other suggestions on speakers? They're really only to tide me over until I get back to the states and I'll get some nice floorstanding speakers.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I can't find a store to ship to FPO (Amazon and Vanns won't ship those speakers FPO) and the only one on ebay selling them is Vanns :( . I might try and get one of my family members back home to buy them and send them, but any other suggestions on speakers? They're really only to tide me over until I get back to the states and I'll get some nice floorstanding speakers.
If you want to keep looking -
Focal 806V
NHT Classic Three
KEF Q300

Outlaw BLS
http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/bls.html

T

Tyrker

Audiophyte
The NHT Classic Three look nice and I can get them shipped from amazon. Have you heard them before? How would they compare to the 602s? And thank you zieglj01, you've been a great help.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The NHT Classic Three look nice and I can get them shipped from amazon. Have you heard them before? How would they compare to the 602s? And thank you zieglj01, you've been a great help.
I am not a big B&W fan - the NHT is a good speaker. No guarantee,
that you will like the NHT more - good luck.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis