Upgrading DAC from Denon DA-300

Marin

Marin

Audioholic Intern
Hello, I'm thinking about upgrading my dac from Denon DA-300, for those who didn't have the chance to hear it, it sounds, well like Denon, lower quality tracks sound more mellow and analogy, but on high quality recordings details shine thru, closest thing that I can compare it to would be high end reel to reel tape.
Anyway I was looking at Marantz SA-14S1, how would it sound compared to Denon, also is there any difference between Marantz NA-11S1 and SA-11S3 compared to SA-14S1 apart from gimmicky balanced out? Note that I will be using them exclusively as DACs.
Also feel free to suggest any alternatives up to 5.000$.
The closest HI FI store is about 4 hour drive from my home, so I would like to have some info before I pick stuff for audition.
My setup: Beyerdynamic T1 SE and A2 amp, Yamaha A-S500, Dali Zensor 1, Bowers & wilkins ASW610.
Cheers.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Marin

Marin

Audioholic Intern
My room doesn't have great acoustics, and it's rented so there isn't much I can do, I primarily use headphones.

Marin

Marin

Audioholic Intern
It looks nice, I'll consider it, but I would prefer a line level DAC that can be used with my Beyerdynamic A2 amp and the speakers (I will upgrade them when i get my own place in a few years).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis