R

Relishh13

Enthusiast
Hi, I have thought about upgrading my AVR but am in doubt.I am looking at the Marantz SR6006 or Emotiva separates.I currently have a Pioneer VSX-81TXV.I don't think i'll get that much out of it upgrading to either of them beyond what I have.Any opinions or suggestions would be great. 60% HT-40% music. EMP E5Ti front, E5Ci -center JBL ES30(wich will be replaced) as well as a JBL sub(also looking for replacement).Thanks

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hi, I have thought about upgrading my AVR but am in doubt.I am looking at the Marantz SR6006 or Emotiva separates.I currently have a Pioneer VSX-81TXV.I don't think i'll get that much out of it upgrading to either of them beyond what I have.Any opinions or suggestions would be great. 60% HT-40% music. EMP E5Ti front, E5Ci -center JBL ES30(wich will be replaced) as well as a JBL sub(also looking for replacement).Thanks
The pioneer is a good reciever, but a bit dated (I own the 82TXS). I doubt that you will gain much in sound quality. A new one will have newer features (airplay, networking, 1080p upconversion etc). If you feel that you are missing out on newer features or lacking something, then you might wanna upgrade. If you are looking for vast improvements in SQ, then you will most likely be disappointed in an upgrade. I will qualify that last statement by saying a new reciever will most likely have better room correction than the pioneer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis