PhillyDan1969

PhillyDan1969

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys been a long time since I last posted here. I've been considering upgrading my receiver since I upgraded my speakers last year from the Polk RTi series to the newer Polk RTi-A series speakers. Currently I have the Denon AVR-3805 and I use the multichannel analog pre-outs for my Blu-Ray and this has worked more then adequately for my HT but I have been considering getting the a newer Denon AVR-XX12 receiver.

I will be moving the Denon AVR-3805 to a stereo set up so I can reintegrate my Denon 2200 CD/SACD player which has been collecting dust ever since I upgraded to Blu-Ray. This is a main driving factor to make the upgrade, but the receivers I have been eyeing may not be as good as the 3805. I've been looking at the AVR-1912 or the AVR-2112ci, both of which are currently on sale, Crutchfield has the 1912 for $399.99 and Vann's (via Amazon.com) has the 2112 for $499.99.

Any opinions on making this jump? Should I stick with my 3805 and look for another cheaper/affordable option for my stereo set up or make the upgrade? Is the 2112 worth the extra $100 vs. the 1912? Thanks for any help.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I think the 3805 will likely do a good job driving a pair of nice speakers with average sensitivity and impedance for stereo music enjoyment. Whether the entry level Denon can do justice with the RTiA speakers would depend on which RTiA model you have, room size, and how loud you listen to when watching movies.

J

jjackkrash

Audioholic Intern
Hey guys been a long time since I last posted here. I've been considering upgrading my receiver since I upgraded my speakers last year from the Polk RTi series to the newer Polk RTi-A series speakers. Currently I have the Denon AVR-3805 and I use the multichannel analog pre-outs for my Blu-Ray and this has worked more then adequately for my HT but I have been considering getting the a newer Denon AVR-XX12 receiver.

I will be moving the Denon AVR-3805 to a stereo set up so I can reintegrate my Denon 2200 CD/SACD player which has been collecting dust ever since I upgraded to Blu-Ray. This is a main driving factor to make the upgrade, but the receivers I have been eyeing may not be as good as the 3805. I've been looking at the AVR-1912 or the AVR-2112ci, both of which are currently on sale, Crutchfield has the 1912 for $399.99 and Vann's (via Amazon.com) has the 2112 for $499.99.

Any opinions on making this jump? Should I stick with my 3805 and look for another cheaper/affordable option for my stereo set up or make the upgrade? Is the 2112 worth the extra $100 vs. the 1912? Thanks for any help.
Skip the 1912. It has a lessor version of Audyssey, the 2112 has MultEq XT. You can get a new 2112 for less than $450 shipped, no tax (depending on where you live) if you call--and you have to call--Electronics Expo. And you might want to check J&R electronics, ABT, and this cite's sales department and see what they can do for you.

PhillyDan1969

PhillyDan1969

Junior Audioholic
So the biggest difference between the 2112 and the 1912 is Audyssey MultiEQ vs. MultiEQ XT? I tried understanding the differences through Denon's website, can you explain the XT upgrade?

J

jjackkrash

Audioholic Intern
So the biggest difference between the 2112 and the 1912 is Audyssey MultiEQ vs. MultiEQ XT? I tried understanding the differences through Denon's website, can you explain the XT upgrade?
The first three posts in this link explain the differences between the Denons in the XX12 line.

The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX12 Model Owner's Thread - AVS Forum

Also, google "Batpig" or check out batpigworld.com. "Batpig" is a person who is immersed in all things Denon and has a website devoted Denon receivers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis