F

fastfreddy

Junior Audioholic
Hi this topic has being discussed here before but here goes. i currently run a denon 3805 and use paradigm studio 40 fronts and a cc590 center. the question is does adding an amp improve the performance of the speakers unfortunately i do not live in an area where i can listen to the amp i am researching anthem mca 20 or 30. i realize speakers are important but i do not have the funds to upgrade to the next level of paradigm which i am very happy with. i am just wondering if an amp will bring something to the speakers that the denon does not do. thanks in advance.

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
I guess the question should be what do you mean by "improve performance"? Is there something you're unhappy with about your current setup?

F

fastfreddy

Junior Audioholic
thanks for the answer. no i am not unhappy with the speakers i am very happy. i am just wondering if i am getting the best performance possible with a receiver or will the performance improve with the addition of an amp.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Adding an external amp won't make an audiable difference unless you're running out of power and even then, for a barely audiable difference you'll have to double your available power.

Do you think you're running out of power? If so, what leads you to that conclusion.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis