R

ratm

Audioholic
I posted this thread also over at AVS so hopefully I can get a good response. I will try and ask this without confusing everyone (or myself).

I have dual Lava LSP-12s and have had nothing be good things to say about them. To me, at $288 shipped, its very hard to beat them for the budget conscious HT enthusiast. I have YET to play any movie louder than -15 on my AVR (Yamaha rx-v765, XPA-3, Home theater direct Level 3 LCR). After reading Archea's GTG thread where it was almost impossible to tell sealed vs ported, it has made me wonder if a sealed sub upgrade is in my future. The following are on my short list for sealed

Rythmik Audio • 15" servo subwoofer F15

Welcome to Epik Subwoofers

Now, I know that on the surface, both of these Subs would crush the Lava. However, given my normal listening volume, and the fact that I have dual Lava's, would I notice an "upgrade"? My room is roughly 15x15 with a 16 foot vaulted ceiling that opens to the dining room/kitchen (separated by a small wall roughly 3 foot high) and a hallway to the left.

Thanks!

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
I posted this thread also over at AVS so hopefully I can get a good response. I will try and ask this without confusing everyone (or myself).

I have dual Lava LSP-12s and have had nothing be good things to say about them. To me, at $288 shipped, its very hard to beat them for the budget conscious HT enthusiast. I have YET to play any movie louder than -15 on my AVR (Yamaha rx-v765, XPA-3, Home theater direct Level 3 LCR). After reading Archea's GTG thread where it was almost impossible to tell sealed vs ported, it has made me wonder if a sealed sub upgrade is in my future. The following are on my short list for sealed

Rythmik Audio • 15" servo subwoofer F15

Welcome to Epik Subwoofers

Now, I know that on the surface, both of these Subs would crush the Lava. However, given my normal listening volume, and the fact that I have dual Lava's, would I notice an "upgrade"? My room is roughly 15x15 with a 16 foot vaulted ceiling that opens to the dining room/kitchen (separated by a small wall roughly 3 foot high) and a hallway to the left.

Thanks!
That thread on AVS was good, but just because a handful of guys in an unfamiliar room using unfamiliar gear cannot hear the difference between ported and sealed doesn't mean everyone else in this hobby can't either. I can certainly hear differences between some designs, but struggle with others. It all depends on the design, implementation and the room.

Both the Empire and the F15 are awesome subs, and your room is 3600 ft.^3; I think either subwoofer would be okay in your room, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis