Upgrade Of Audio System

J

jjudd050

Audiophyte
So I am looking to upgrade my HT system. Here are some basic points:

-room is 20x20,
-wife hates large speakers (am going to try and convince her to consider floor standing for the fronts though)
-I currently have the Energy Take Classic system 5.1. I will probably keep my Energy Takes as surrounds unless they are just way too small (as of right now I don't really hear a surround sound. It could be where they are mounted in the back of the room is too far from the couch to hear the sounds, or my front and center are over powering them.
-Running off a pioneer 1021
- I figure my budget initially is around $500-600

I have thought about a few different types of speakers and am open to bookshelf or floor standing as long as they would do well for the space. I use it for mostly HT and music. I also turn it on what cleaning the kitchen probably a good 50-60 feet away.

My initial thoughts have been the following:

Initially Polk Monitor 60's (maybe 70's) or POLK AUDIO RTI 8
CS2 center or csi3 center

or

Energy RC-10s and Energy RCLCR
I have also thought about selling the sub and getting Klipsch Reference RW-12d

I am totally open to idea and moving around product. It should be know that I have my TV mounted above the fireplace so the center will sit on the mantle, bookshelf’s would as well. Floor standing would flank.

Thanks in advance!

T

tsweers89

Enthusiast
I have RTI8's right now for fronts and rears with a martin logan encore center. I myself am looking to upgrade at least my fronts as the polks arent cutting it anymore. Word of advice, dont go and listen to higher end audio then you can afford because after you will just think your current set-up is crap. This is what happended to me.

J

jjudd050

Audiophyte
Are there different speakers you would recommend? I could hold off a month or two if the price bump was well worth the improvement, i guess it all depends on the price jump LOL

I have RTI8's right now for fronts and rears with a martin logan encore center. I myself am looking to upgrade at least my fronts as the polks arent cutting it anymore. Word of advice, dont go and listen to higher end audio then you can afford because after you will just think your current set-up is crap. This is what happended to me.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I'd go with a Pair of Infinity P362 (look for a $20 off coupon) towers and a PC350 center and then start saving up $700 or so for a subwoofer or two. That's a great price on those speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis