UPDATED: Mark L. Schifter, PLEADS GUILTY to suspicion of charity fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

randyb

Full Audioholic
"It's Money I Love" by Randy Newman "Back in the USSR" by the Beatles. "Whipping Post" by the Allman Brothers (Chronologically of course)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley

Prison Sex - Tool

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Gettin Jiggy wit it - Will Smith
Crazy - Patsy Cline
In the Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett
Goodbye Cruel World - Pink Floyd
Let's Get it On - Marvin Gaye
I fought the law and the law won - Bobby Fuller Four
All By Myself - Eric Carmen

majorloser

majorloser

This might work out for a theme song

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RrLRe6bpMfU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RrLRe6bpMfU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Great songs. Now who's going to burn them to a CD and send it to his house certified mail, return receipt requested and then post the pic of the return receipt? First one to do it, gets a bumper sticker from me. Oh, and if you want to cross off your name and redact personal information, that's fine. The winner gets to pick what they want said on the bumper sticker or leave it up to me.

R

raffin

Enthusiast
Not prison related, but it definitely fits.

Money—The Flying Lizards
Life in the Fast Lane—The Eagles
The Pretender–Jackson Browne

Harmon

Audioholic Intern
Wow, a lot of hatred here ... don't get me wrong, I'm in no way defending stealing from charities but I don't see it as healthy to make fun of someone's demise.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
You think it's hatred, Harmon? Because I don't see it that way at all. Mark Schifter has entered the world of comedic punchlines, jokes, parodies, and one liners. He has become no different than a lot of folks who no one hates and may even sort of like. For examplke,

Hillary was asked what she's doing tonight to celebrate her wedding aniversary. She replied that she's looking forward to having a nice, quiet dinner. And then sometime after that, she'll give Bill a call and see how he's doing.

Did you hear that Phil Mickelson called Elin Nordegren? He asked her for some tips on beating Tiger.

Disgraced Wall Street investment banker Bernie Madoff has inked a deal with director Steven Spielberg for an upcoming tell-all movie exposing all the people Madoff has ripped off.
It's no different that Leno's or Letterman's monologues or skewers during their shows. It's no different than The SImpsons, South Park, The Colbert Report, Chris Rock, and things of that nature. It's no different me telling you about how when we knew Aunt 'Vicky' was coming over we joked how at some point during the visit, she'd run her finger across the top of the door frame to check for dust. Never failed to disappoint either and she did it in everybody's house but her own.

The difference if there really is one, is that all of us sort of know Schifter in our own peculiar way and there's this sense of immediacy about the events and the jokes. So, Harmon, when you go to that store and ask for a good cut of meat pay attention or that butcher will Schifter you.

Last edited:
Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Wow, a lot of hatred here ... don't get me wrong, I'm in no way defending stealing from charities but I don't see it as healthy to make fun of someone's demise.
I understand where you are coming from Jimmy, but I think you would feel differently if you corresponded with people who were really screwed over by Mark. I think its a release. Every time I hear from somebody who has been conned by Mark for a substantial amount of money (not a couple hundred raffle participant) and I hear their sincere devestation in their voice it angers me. There is a crap load of anger out there and you are right, it isn't healthy. Just this morning I received an email that from somebody who was horribly robbed by Mark and its part of the reason I am writing this. If that means harmless jokes about his crimes, so be it. I would rather it that then non stop screaming about the horrible stuff he has done.

So you may see it as unhealthy and hate filled and I would actually say its healthy and cathartic considering how much anger is really out there. Imagine if Mark used your Mom who was dying with cancer. Here she is splashed all over the internet as a pawn and now her final act on earth is used in a fraudulent raffle so somebody can live up their cheap fantasies all over the world. That is not the kind of anger and hurt that just goes away with an indictment. These people are scarred for the rest of their lives and it pisses me off. I've been called a wimp by somebody on another forum for feeling the way I do, but I don't care. I would rather side on the people who are victims then worry about if its going to hurt Mark's feelings. In a perfect world I would agree with your sentiment, but this is a real life tragedy with real feelings and they are hard to cover up, not to mention unhealthy.

Humbly ;)

Harmon

Audioholic Intern
Chu & Jed,

Thanks for your well thought out responses ... you make some good points. I'll choose not to participate in the one-liners, but it's not my place to tell others how they should react ... my bad. You're certainly correct, Jed, I might feel differently if I were more personally affected.

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Chu & Jed,

Thanks for your well thought out responses ... you make some good points. I'll choose not to participate in the one-liners, but it's not my place to tell others how they should react ... my bad. You're certainly correct, Jed, I might feel differently if I were more personally affected.
We all see it differently, Harmon, and I have no problem with your personal position on this as I don't see it as right or worng. It stands on its own merits and it's worthy of consideration. In my book, you're a stand up guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis