Universal Remote Programming Software Compatibility

D

dohanc

Junior Audioholic
Quick question about Universal Remotes URC. I am interested in getting the MX-900 remote from an authorized dealer so I'll get the latest software. My friend has a MX-850 and would like a new TV input added to his without calling back the original programmer. Once I learn how to program the MX-900 while I be able to program the MX-850 as well with the software included in the MX-900?

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Basically the programming is the same for the entire line. But you will need to download the complete control suite or the seperate programs for each remote because the software itself is a bit different for each remote... In other words you cant use the MX900 program to do an 850. etc. Universal has the software on their website. You dont get a cd with the program on it when you buy the remote. At least the ones I program dont come with it.

D

dohanc

Junior Audioholic
Maybe that's because you didn't buy from an authorized dealer? Because as I understand it, URC doesn't release the full version of software with the latest updates on the website. A terrible business decision if you ask me - but that's another story.

Also, is their a general help file that helps you program the remote, or is it entirely up to you to figure out? I'm sure I can handle it, but it would be helpful if there is something to read to make sure I'm getting all the features out of it that are available. I really hate this URC company, I wish I wasn't buying from them!

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
I am installer so I program a few of these things a week. As far as i know the ones we get are the regular consumer version vs like some kind of custom install version where they expect you to already have the software. We are an authorized dealer.

The remotes come with a little brochure that tells you a little about it. If you get stuck feel free to ask any questions.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis