Universal Blu-ray Players Under $1,000 MSRP

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Okay folks, I'm trying to compile a list of true "universal" Blu-ray players under $1,000. I've listed some below with their MSRP and while some are already discontinued at the time of this post, I've included them in case someone would like to know for reference purposes on the used market.

Here's what I've found to this point:

Cambridge Audio Azur 650BD - $699
Denon DBP-2011UDCI - $799
Denon DBP-1611UD - $399
Marantz UD7005 - $899
Marantz UD5005 - $499
Oppo BDP-80 - $299 (discontinued)
Oppo BDP-83 - $499 (discontinued)
Oppo BDP-83SE - $899 (discontinued)
Oppo BDP-93 - $499 (estimated)
Oppo BDP-95 - $979 (estimated, no link available yet)
Yamaha BD-A1000 - $699

Any input on universal BR units under 1K (or clarification to those listed) is welcome. Thanks in advance... -TD

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
So... anyone know of other players under 1k other than the ones listed? -TD

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Thanks, J.

Unfortunately that's what I was afraid of... :D -TD

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Looks as though the Yamaha is going to be $599.95 from most authorized online dealers.

While I can't comment on Marantz universal players, my Marantz BD 8200 is a POS. Absolute rip-off.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
I think some of the units listed should have better actual retail pricing than the MSRP. I'm pretty sure I saw the Yamaha unit like you noted listed for $599 at Crutchfield. I'm interested in hearing more feedback on the Denon 1611 unit once it's been out for a bit. Considering their feature set and pricing, it should compete well if doesn't have any quality issues some BD players seem to be plagued with.

Bummer to hear about your Marantz BD player. Is the 8200 one of their first revision BD players? I think quite a few manufacturers rushed their first BD players out the door to compete and most definitely missed the mark in functionality and quality... -TD

S

samsfisher

Audiophyte
I have a PS3 for Bluray its doing wonders for the price

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Yeah, pretty sure he's thread-padding for spammage, check out the other posts... :rolleyes: -TD

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis