Underworld: Blood Wars (2017) - Best one yet

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
just saw this movie. I thought it was the best Underworld movie yet. Keeps on getting better and better. Loved it. I don't understand why the mostly negative reviews. :D

I thought the story was great. Acting was great. Soundtrack was great. All great stuff.

I have never heard of Clementine Nicholson (one of the good vampires), but I think she is beautiful and I would love to see more of her in future UW sequels and other movies. :)

Definitely worth buying on Bluray and rewatching over and over again IMO. :D

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
So far I have liked the first one most.. If this is indeed best of them it should be really nice. Going to see it as soon it is available here.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So far I have liked the first one most.. If this is indeed best of them it should be really nice. Going to see it as soon it is available here.
Well, that's just my impression of this movie. :D

I loved it.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
j

Did you mention there was actual acting in this version of the Underworld franchise? I have seen some of the others and I didn't actually detect any actual acting. :rolleyes:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I don't get the affection for this series of movies or the resident evil movies. Purely juvenile stuff. Its laughable and made for 13 year olds. I just don't understand it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't get the affection for this series of movies or the resident evil movies. Purely juvenile stuff. Its laughable and made for 13 year olds. I just don't understand it.
Its escapeism if there is such a word. Different strokes for different folks. I don't understand Sharknado and yet they made sequels. Just sayin.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
just saw this movie. I thought it was the best Underworld movie yet. Keeps on getting better and better. Loved it. I don't understand why the mostly negative reviews. :D

I thought the story was great. Acting was great. Soundtrack was great. All great stuff.

I have never heard of Clementine Nicholson (one of the good vampires), but I think she is beautiful and I would love to see more of her in future UW sequels and other movies. :)

Yep. That's definately going on my BluRay shelf.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yep. That's definately going on my BluRay shelf.
You gotta, right?

If you love the previous UW movies, I think you would LOVE UW Blood Wars.

It's a continuation of the storyline. And as usual, we see EVOLUTION. Selene keeps on evolving and getting more and more powerful.

We know there will always be some plot holes and some things that don't always make scientific sense. It's the same with all the UW movies.

I would rather see a million movies like UW Blood Wars than 90% of the movies out there. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The first one is still the best. I liked the last one and this one was about the same. Good, keeps adding to the series, but story was unsurprisingly thin and familiar. Acting, lol. It is an action movie, you don't go to a movie like this expecting acting. Not every movie needs to be an Oscar nominee and I don't need a great story to be entertained by every movie. I liked this one :) I own all the other ones and will pick this one up too when it goes on sale.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
You gotta, right?
Dam straight!! :)

If you love the previous UW movies, I think you would LOVE UW Blood Wars.

It's a continuation of the storyline. And as usual, we see EVOLUTION. Selene keeps on evolving and getting more and more powerful.

We know there will always be some plot holes and some things that don't always make scientific sense. It's the same with all the UW movies.
[/QUOTE]

You mean like having vampires and wearwolves? :oops: :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You mean like having vampires and werewolves? :oops: :p
Oh, no, Vampires & Lycans are REAL. Just like aliens are real. :D

Vampires and Lycans are just another form of aliens. :D

My wife, 14YO daughter, and I saw the movie "Moonlight" because it's one of Oscar's Best Picture nominees.

I thought it was one of the most boring pathetic movies I've ever seen.

My daughter didn't like my impression of "Moonlight". :D

She said, "At least Moonlight didn't have all the Plot Holes like Underworld Blood Wars".

I replied, "Moonlight didn't have a Plot to begin with to have holes. At least UW Blood Wars has a Plot". :D

I would take a few plot holes with Underworld any day over so many of these so-called "Oscar Worthy" boring-as-hell movies. :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Oh, no, Vampires & Lycans are REAL. Just like aliens are real. :D

Vampires and Lycans are just another form of aliens. :D

My wife, 14YO daughter, and I saw the movie "Moonlight" because it's one of Oscar's Best Picture nominees.

I thought it was one of the most boring pathetic movies I've ever seen.

My daughter didn't like my impression of "Moonlight". :D

She said, "At least Moonlight didn't have all the Plot Holes like Underworld Blood Wars".

I replied, "Moonlight didn't have a Plot to begin with to have holes. At least UW Blood Wars has a Plot". :D

I would take a few plot holes with Underworld any day over so many of these so-called "Oscar Worthy" boring-as-hell movies. :D
Your daughter's taste in drama look to be that of an adult, and your taste in drama seems to be typical of those your daughter's age. I assume she has inherited her emotional maturity from her mother' side? :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Your daughter's taste in drama look to be that of an adult, and your taste in drama seems to be typical of those your daughter's age. I assume she has inherited her emotional maturity from her mother' side? :p
Hey, Underworld, Resident Evil, John Wick aren't the ONLY genre I like! :D

Of course, I do believe Shawshank Redemption, Godfather, & Godfather II are the best 3 movies of all times.

We compared UW to Moonlight, but we really can't because they have different goals.

UW was meant to be pure fun and games. Moonlight was meant to be a serious drama (Oscar) piece.

But there is nothing in "Moonlight" that I haven't seen or heard - poor drug addict parents and their kids growing up and becoming their parents (drug addicts or drug dealers). Or kids coping with their sexuality. And drug dealers with a conscience who feel bad about selling drugs to people? Please. Give me a break.

Hacksaw Ridge was very different. I've never seen or heard anyone like that character who would refuse to kill anyone. :D

Hell or High Water was also different and refreshing to me.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I noticed that Underworld Blood Wars had exactly zero Oscar nominations lol. Just because you or I liked a movie doesn't make it a "good" movie.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I noticed that Underworld Blood Wars had exactly zero Oscar nominations lol. Just because you or I liked a movie doesn't make it a "good" movie.
Of course not. It only means I THINK it's good.

I don't think anyone expected UW to get nominated for anything Oscar.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think any of them have ever been nominated. The first one won some award for "Genre face of the future" (not an Oscar).

Then there are movies that WON that SUCKED too, so YMMV.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There are not many Oscar nominated movies (various categories) I would watch again. But these are a few I have watched a few times:

The Bourne Identity Series
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Matrix Trilogy
Shawshank Redemption
Godfather I, II, III
Inception
Braveheart
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Pulp Fiction
Mad Max Fury Road
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Saving Private Ryan
Elizabeth
L.A. Confidential
The Fugitive

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Chill guys.

Shady, stop pretending to be a 3 dressed up as a 9. ;) Movies of that genre are meant for entertainment and unwinding after a hard day. The last thing I wanna do is think after a day like that. Sharknado is just beyond dumb.

Garcia, not all movies winning an Oscar makes them a good movie. Lets take Titanic, one of the worst movies ever produced. Thats 3 hours of my life I'll never get back.

My point is the mood, not intellect of a person, dictates what they want to see.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, you gotta love this type of movies to love the UW series.

Don't even talk about Oscars or awards.

We are certainly not saying that UW is a "better" movie than these Oscar-worthy movies.

We are just saying that we ENJOY watching UW more than probably 90% of these Oscar-worthy movies. :D

The Jason Bourne Series is still my favorite, but UW is up there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis