under cabinet speaker for ceiling mounted speakers in kitchen?

J

jaydoe

Audiophyte
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on where I can find a receiver/amplifier to mount under my kitchen cabinets to run the 2 ceiling mounted speakers in my kitchen? I recently purchased the house and the previous owner had the speakers installed but never got around to putting in the receiver for them. The speaker wire is run underneath some near by cabinets and out of the wall so i would like to kind something i can install underneath the cabinet. I was ideally hoping to find a combo cd/radio receiver with bluetooth so i can connect wirelessly. I cant seem to find anything really that is smaller in size with these features. I really didn't want to set a large home theater receiver on the counter but thats all that i can seem to find with what i am looking for. Is there anything out there like this?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
You could get a micro system receiver, something like this TEAC, and shove it inside a cabinet. Or maybe you could find a wooden shelf at Hobby Lobby that'd match your cabinets, and mount it on the wall beneath one cabinet to use as a makeshift av rack. Or, if you could find a micro / bookshelf receiver short enough, you could use an under cabinet bracket like this one (only one not as overpriced). If I think to, next time I'm at an actual computer I'll Google some more about this.

Also on the list to Google: bedside clock radios with cd and Bluetooth with a headphone jack. That could be paired with a little class T amp hidden away in a cabinet.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
J

jaydoe

Audiophyte
Thanks for your help. I did come across that TEAC model. That was the only thing I could find that was close to what I was looking for. I do like the idea about the clock radio/cd player w/ bluetooth paired with the class T amp. I hadn't thought of that. So, if i were to go that route then the speaker wire just connects directly to the amp and the amp connects to the radio through the headphone jack to the audio input? That sounds like the might work pretty well. Does this one look like it would work alright being as i just have the two speakers anyway? Dayton Audio DTA-1 Class T Digital AC/DC Mini Amplifier 15 WPC

J

jaydoe

Audiophyte
Ya that one looks nice especially since I can go with the white one to match my cabinets! So if I would go with that one, would i still need to get a class T amp or would the micro system power the speakers just fine?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
It is a complete system. It has an amp built in. Just connect the speakers and Bob's yer uncle.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
The micro system should power them fine as long as your kitchen isn't cavernous. Assuming your ceiling speakers are 85dB/W/m, 15 watts will get you close to 97dB a meter away, which is pretty obnoxiously loud.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis