UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Yup! Rain should be tapering off by late morning. An interesting point is that the last 3 races have only used med and hard compounds. Using my very exacting 'fingers' I have detected a very slow wear process of the track surface since the inaugural race, when it felt much more like a highschool sprint track.

However, with about 7"+ having fallen there, the track will be very 'green' and potentially slick regardless of how damp it is at quali. Could be a few offs during quali which may affect the race!

Thankfully our parking lot is paved. They closed all of the grass/gravel lots and I am sure they won't be open tomorrow. They've set up complimentary shuttles for patrons in down town Austin. But the heavy rains are still going so none of the downtown festivities are happening. Sucks for all the local vendors, including the food trucks that come to serve the track!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
The sun is coming out after a miserably cold wet morning. Good thing the rain is over, my nipples almost ripped thru my coat!

Let's race!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Amazing race! Possibly the best one yet at COTA! Go watch, now!

I'm wind burnt and exhausted. Gotta catch a plane for the OC in the morning. Good night all!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder how the Haas team will do this year?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Everyone is claiming more speed and massive improvements. Haas looks to be doing well in Barcelona testing. Alonso had a failure that kept him in the garage after a successful morning.

AUSTIN GP IS STILL UNKNOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Oh boy, don't tell me that!!:(:eek:
Are you aware of the situation? That hurricane last year cost the track millions in concession sales. Combined with a vote to cut the state funding the track was already receiving, they will likely not come up with enough to cover Ecclestone's race fee.

It's no bueno!

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Sorry, I just forgot the hurricane issue and that makes a lot of sense though...
Anyway, as you said.. it's no bueno at all!!

annunaki

annunaki

There are some folks at formula1blog.com that seem to be pretty optimistic about Austin's chances. Until we hear anything official it is hard to say. Losing that race would be a tragedy.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
There are some folks at formula1blog.com that seem to be pretty optimistic about Austin's chances. Until we hear anything official it is hard to say. Losing that race would be a tragedy.
I doubt it would be a permanent loss, but the rules are strict, if the money doesn't come in time, no 2016.

I've seen enough Bugatti's peel out leaving the track, so I am sure they would find the backing! Just a question of when, and I can't believe they'd leave the TBD status this far in to the year... but they have!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I want to a Haas cap... why don't they have swag yet? Or am I blind...?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I want to a Haas cap... why don't they have swag yet? Or am I blind...?

I haven't looked, but does any team sell 2016 merchandise before every thing is paid and confirmed by all the teams for the season?

annunaki

annunaki

http://www.planetf1.com/news/mosley-bernie-will-walk-if-new-owners-interfer/

I hope Ecclestone just goes away, at this point. His rule changes are horrible, and with the new tech coming to the sport every year, it's making it so difficult for teams to keep up.
Keep in mind Bernie does not make the tech rules, the FIA owns that. The teams also agree to them at some level.

Love him or hate him, Bernie has done a lot for the sport, but his hold on commercial rights has held the sport back in the past decade.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis