J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
No, 8 tracks compared to CDs are garbage.

But, plasmas compared to every LCD display to date is a better technology. They have great contrast, great off-axis viewing, they basically have all the benefits that OLED has except for a few differences.
Plasma will have better motion handling at this time still. It's a faster technology.
OLED will be brighter - period. OLED is not as bright as what LCDs can deliver, but certainly better than the Kuro displays.
OLED will have better than LCD image uniformity, but worse than plasma. It's the way LEDs work, but it won't be significant enough to matter.
The Kuro displays also are reported to have better shadow detail, but this is likely to change with future models.
OLED will deliver on HDR, which Kuro plasmas won't ever be able to deliver on. That will matter a good bit.

So, you are basically saying that your brand new sports car is going to beat down a Shelby Cobra because your sports car is well reviewed and brand new. That's not how it works. You put them on the track, you compare stats, then you put them head-to-head. In some areas the new car wins, but, the Shelby still can hold it's own, and may actually win when all things are considered.

Pioneer Kuros are the gold standard in many areas.
LG's OLED displays are the current gold standard, but they don't best the Kuro in all areas, which means someone looking for a BETTER display than their Kuro need to know that OLED may not be the way to go quite yet.
You are living in the past with Pioneer Kuro, Plasma TV. What have you been smoking?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You are living in the past with Pioneer Kuro, Plasma TV. What have you been smoking?
I don't know what I'm smoking, but it's some quality stuff. None of the LED/LCD garbage. The new flavor of OLED is pretty good, but it's a shame that it's still not giving the same motion quality of that old brew that's still kickin'.

Of course, if you love the new stuff, then that's great, but certainly not the mid-school. They don't have a clue how to grow that herb.

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
I don't know what I'm smoking, but it's some quality stuff. None of the LED/LCD garbage. The new flavor of OLED is pretty good, but it's a shame that it's still not giving the same motion quality of that old brew that's still kickin'.

Of course, if you love the new stuff, then that's great, but certainly not the mid-school. They don't have a clue how to grow that herb.
Coming from you, Kuro & Plasma is on top. Are you kidding me. What kind of car do you drive; an '87 Oldsmobile? Kuro is ancient history. Plasma is no longer in production anywhere.

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
1) No one ever said - my tv is too big
2) 1080p vs 4k (uhd) - later not necessarily better, especially on small tv as 50-60
http://carltonbale.com/does-4k-resolution-matter/

and finally
3) I'd check Vizio offering seriously... - and DO NOT BUY LG !!!!!!!!!
You must be out 9of your mind. LG makes the finest TV on the planet: 4K OLED. Vizio: I would NEVER buy a Vizio TV. Period. You g
Again, I won't buy their products as they have spied on their customers without consent. That is the reason I will not purchase one. When the price drops on the tech I'll consider panny as the manufacturer, their CS track record is good and their warranty claims as a whole display division are under .5%.
ot it backwards.
Do you get these hallucinations often? I also would never buy 3840 X 2160 (not 4 X's better then 1080p). There are some very nasty people on this forum. I am done with Audioholics. Goodbye! Have a nice day.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
...I also would never buy 3840 X 2160 (not 4 X's better then 1080p).
LG OLED 4K RESOLUTION: 3840x2160

I thought you liked OLED TVs and now you are saying you would never buy one because it has the same resolution of what you said you would not buy. Then you actually say that there are 'nasty' people on this forum when you keep contradicting yourself?

Yes, people are being nasty to you, because you keep saying foolish things, and insisting you are correct.

You use fallacies of logic in your claims, and then state things that were never said.

FALLACY: It's out of production so it must be no good.
TRUTH: Anything can be excellent from any time frame.
EXAMPLE: The Shelby Cobra is considered one of the greatest cars ever, yet is no longer produced, therefore it must suck and new cars must outperform it in every way.

Of course the Shelby Cobra is as great as it always was and stomps on many if not most cars produced today. It used top tier materials, craftsmanship, and design to earn the reputation for quality.

This is identical to the Pioneer Kuro. It used premium products, excellence in design, and delivered an image that was unachievable by LCD displays. It cost a good deal more than LCDs and couldn't survive the market. It doesn't make it 'bad' because it's discontinued. I've also said that OLED is the top technology on the market today, and in most areas it is better than the Kuro, but it has been established as not actually being better in all areas by those who actually own both technologies. Whether you like this or not doesn't make your opinion carry more weight than the facts.

Of course, I guess I'm being nasty because you can't comprehend that you don't even understand what you are saying as you contradict yourself.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, the KURO is not a current display but Value Electronics has included in their annual display shoot out as a reference panel each year. I guess all those ISF guys there have a reason for continuing to use it as a reference standard :rolleyes:

G

gzubeck

Audioholic
Yeah, although I've spend thousands on speakers and audio electronics over the years, $1K is about all I'm willing to pay for a TV as well. :)

We all have our thing. Some are willing to spend more on TV, some are not willing.

Black Friday is just around the corner.

I think any of the brands mentioned would be good.

For my house, I'm going all 4K Sony TV.
to the original poster have you purchased your tv yet?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis