Two Monitors as Central Channel for 5.2

SirLouen

SirLouen

Enthusiast
Recently I bought a new AV Onkyo 525
After I finished mounting the system I had a thought:

Some years ago when I bought my Behringer monitors B2030P they came in 3 pack of 2. I was thinking on building a 7.1 system since my last AV was 7.1 capable. But I ended building a 5.1 and stored 1 in the garage (i though on the 6.1 but it did not fit in the back of the room well and after I preferred to put it away)

Now I've been thinking if it will be possible to build a central dual monitor system since I read something about this some weeks ago

Is this possible with this system configuration?
Onkyo 525 Onkyo | TX-NR525

130W p/channel
B2030P Behringer: TRUTH B2030P

If possible, how shall I do this? Any DIY explanation that I can see somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
dual center would be huge detrimental to sound in most cases. I highly recommend to stick to 5 speakers for 5 channels.
If you want to have 7 channels (which could improve audio positioning imaging) get a new AVR with 7 channels

SirLouen

SirLouen

Enthusiast
I read somewhere people obtaining good benefits by doing this idea... but their system where different to mine. I want to know if my particular conditions are able to get something good

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Sounds like you wanted affirmation more than an answer.

I read somewhere people obtaining good benefits by doing this idea... but their system where different to mine. I want to know if my particular conditions are able to get something good
Well, you did ask for an answer, and the one that fits the common paradigm was given but, you're right. You won't know for sure until you try it with your "particular conditions".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis