Two DVI devices with one DVI input?

S

surferboy

Audiophyte
I am getting ready to set up my home theatre. I have a Sony plasma at 1024x1024 with one DVI input. But, I have a Samsung DVD player with a DVI out and an HD cable box with multiple out options, including DVI. With only one DVI input, I am not sure which device to hook into the DVI input on the plasma. I imagine there are any number of configurations; I wanted to get some input and advice. :confused:

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Help? Mabye

There are several ways to do this: you can get a DVI switch box and use DVI from both sources, a 2x1 would do it, but is cost about $250 for it. Or you could use the DVI on the DVD Player and the Componet on the cable box, I would use the DVI on teh DVD player...remember not all cable programing takes advantage of the HD. :D

G

grrr223

Audiophyte
I have this exact question, I have just ordered a Panasonic CT-32HL44 HDTV ready TV with HDMI inputs and I have a Motorola 6200 cable box with DVI outs and I'm looking to buy a DVD player with DVI or HDMI outs on it, but there is only one input on the tv.

I see your point that not all digital cable is shown in HDTV, but NO dvds are hd resolution, they're only what 480 P.

So I guess the question still stands, which to hook up to the HDMI input? the cable box or the dvd player?

U

Unregistered

DVI switch box

I use the remote controlled 4 into 1 Gefen switch box which can be purchased for $350 with four DVI cables thrown in. It is HDCP compliant and works perfectly. I see they also now offer an HDMI switch box as well

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis