TV Screen Reflection/GLARE---Getting Rid Of

M

Ms B

Audiophyte
Font=Arial

Just bought a Sony 57" Wide Screen Projection TV. The glare is unbelievably bad. It is like looking at a mirror, instead of a TV set. Sony says, they have no suggestions on how to change it. I have heard that there may be a clip on screen that will soften the reflection, or some type of film that can be added to the screen. Does anyone know of a product that will help this problem? If so, where can it be found?
Thanks Ms B

Last edited by a moderator:
Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
I believe your Sony, like many other RPTV's, has a protective lens covering the two inner lenses that help render the image. You may be able to remove it which should reduce the glare substantially. My Toshiba 56" is in the same boat and it's easy to remove the outer lens. But with kids in the house I wouldn't even think about it.

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
I ran into the same problem with my toshiba 65" and one solution it to eliminate any light sources near the viewing area. Just remember that the mirror like surface is exactley that it's like a mirror so take that into account when placing the lights. I find that to the right or left of the screen about 5 feet or more tends to cut glare almost entirely. Never put the lights directly behind the viewing area (unless you like the glare of course) Hope this helps you out. Happy listening. :)
Greg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis