R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
I didn't know where to put this, so here it is.

I just bought a new 18" low profile TV stand. Fairly expensive.
I am going to mount my 65" TV to the wall. Panasonic TC-65VT50
I will be leaving 10-12" from the top of the TV stand, to the bottom of my TV for a center channel.

My concern is...if my center channel consumes all that space (vertically), and I want to upgrade my TV to a larger TV. 70" - 90". The center channel and TV would try to occupy the same space. Which is no bueno.

Has anyone seen any TV mounts that can move the TV vertically?
It has to be able to hold 93lbs.

Thank you

Reorx

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
No I don't.

However it is not a big deal to mount another/or move the TV wall mounting bracket.

You just have to plug the holes, and make new ones.

Make sure you get lag bolts into the studs. Do not mount a TV with wall anchors ever.

I had the same problem.

Old TV screen.

New TV screen.

The old wall mounting bracket did not fit the new screen.

If you notice, the center channel speaker also had to be raised upwards..

That is just the breaks of an upgrade.

If you don't want to do the work then buy a bigger screen now.

Back when I did mine, that was about the biggest plasma screen.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you get one with sufficient adjustment, you can use the brackets that mount onto the display itself to adjust vertically, but that will probably require some planning on your part to mount it high enough so that will work. Not a big deal to remount the main bracket though.

An articulating mount that allows you to bring the current one down a bit would leave you the ability to mount the main bracket higher, but articulating mounts also sit further from the wall.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
But the wall anchors say they can hold 100 lbs each. Can't I just use 4 of them?
lol j/k of course.
I think you posted the same picture twice.

I have seen to many subpar 4k TV's out there. I am waiting for a larger OLED screen....or a true 4K projector.

Now that you have posted about it, it does seem like it would be pretty simple to do a remount. The holes in the studs would already be lined up, so just shift them up as needed.

Thanks for the reply.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I didn't know where to put this, so here it is.

I just bought a new 18" low profile TV stand. Fairly expensive.
I am going to mount my 65" TV to the wall. Panasonic TC-65VT50
I will be leaving 10-12" from the top of the TV stand, to the bottom of my TV for a center channel.

My concern is...if my center channel consumes all that space (vertically), and I want to upgrade my TV to a larger TV. 70" - 90". The center channel and TV would try to occupy the same space. Which is no bueno.

Has anyone seen any TV mounts that can move the TV vertically?
It has to be able to hold 93lbs.

Thank you

Reorx

Witch 18" low profile stand did you get? I am currently looking for one as I'll be moving into a new place soon. I will wall mount a 65 inch, and put a rather big center channel under it on a stand. Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis