M

mingelwood

Audiophyte
Like many of us, I am an audiophile on a budget and I am thiniking about taking the plunge back into vinyl. I have seen that the Rega P3 is a great "bang for your buck" table with a good tonearm. Has anyone had any experience with this piece and what cartridge would you recommend with it?
If not a Rega, what other turntable's would you guy's suggest in the less than $800 range?

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Music Hall are supposed to be excellent for the money.

Senior Audioholic
The trick to finding a turntable is you have to look in the right places.

A turntable is no longer considered a piece of stereo equipment so very few stereo shops sell them any more.

A turntable is now (and don't ask me why) considered a musical instrument and many fine turntables can be found in musical instrument shops and instrument dealer websites like Musician's Friend

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
10010011 said:

A turntable is no longer considered a piece of stereo equipment so very few stereo shops sell them any more.

A turntable is now (and don't ask me why) considered a musical instrument and many fine turntables can be found in musical instrument shops and instrument dealer websites like Musician's Friend
Because DJs are the largest buyers as a group/demographic/whatever.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
10010011 said:

Try some of those "snooty" boutique audio stores. You know the kind..... the one that performs a walletectomy before you are allowed to enter the store.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Music Hall makes great tables for the money. Check out the MMF5 or MMF2.1. Both are available at the Good Guys. Or go online and get one.

Cheers,
Glenn

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Check www.needledoctor.com they have a large selection of TT's and cartridges in every price range. They also have all the other accessories like record sleeves, Zerostats, vacuum cleaners and the Alsop Orbitrac. If you are in the Delaware Valley you can check out David Lewis Audio 8010 Bustleton Ave. Phila . PA. They specialize in analog (TT's) reproduction. :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis