G

gebco

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I recently bought an Integra DTR-5.4 knowing that it doesn't have an input for a turntable. This isn't a huge concern. However, I'm wondering if I would be able to connect the turntable to the audio section of one of the video inputs without doing damage to either component. I'm assuming I could ground the turntable on one of the casing screws?

Thanks in advance.</font>

A. Vivaldi

A. Vivaldi

Audioholic
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
gebco : <font color='#000000'>I recently bought an Integra DTR-5.4 knowing that it doesn't have an input for a turntable. This isn't a huge concern. However, I'm wondering if I would be able to connect the turntable to the audio section of one of the video inputs without doing damage to either component. I'm assuming I could ground the turntable on one of the casing screws?

Thanks in advance.</font>
<font color='#000000'>I tried doing that once to one of my recievers and the music came out at an extremely low volume, even when turned up all the way. Those a/v inputs aren't sensitive enough for a turntable. You need to get an outboard phono stage. NAD makes a good one called the PP-2. It's around $125 I think.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis