"Trusted name brand"

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
Fry's is advertising an in-store only "Trusted name brand" AVR, MSRP $1499, for $748 with promo code. Anyone know which brand/model this is?

I don't live near a Fry's but might road trip for the right deal.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
What the hell is a "promo code"? Maybe Fry's is just trying to unload something that hasn't been selling well.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Fry's is advertising an in-store only "Trusted name brand" AVR, MSRP $1499, for $748 with promo code. Anyone know which brand/model this is?

Frys is our local grocery store here in Arizona. :pFrye's Electronics (we have 2 of them) sells just about every brand so it would be tough to know. They discount returns, 2nds, blemished stuff and who knows what else. I have returned stuff there that didnt work and seen it back on the shelf in a few days.

Caveat emptor was invented for places like Fryes. I have bought lots of parts, bits n pieces there but I would be cautious about expensive stuff. Ymmv

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@MrYou've never used a promo code to obtain a discount?!
Frys is our local grocery store here in Arizona. :pFrye's Electronics (we have 2 of them) sells just about every brand so it would be tough to know. They discount returns, 2nds, blemished stuff and who knows what else. I have returned stuff there that didnt work and seen it back on the shelf in a few days.

Caveat emptor was invented for places like Fryes. I have bought lots of parts, bits n pieces there but I would be cautious about expensive stuff. Ymmv
So there in AZ you have another electronics outfit but with an "e" in it? http://www.frys.com/

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

I work for Fry's. I run the meat department in one of our busiest stores.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I have shopped at Frys forever. My favorite grocery store. Ours is at Pecos & Higley. Which one are you at? I may have to come by for some recipe advice. Heaven knows i dont have any useful audio advice.

Audiosaur, he aint jokin. He's the real deal.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
@MrYou've never used a promo code to obtain a discount?!

So there in AZ you have another electronics outfit but with an "e" in it? http://www.frys.com/
I cant spell with my cell phone. My point (however tenuous) was Frys vs Frys Electronics. Sometimes being a smartass is easy and other times I mess it up. The added e was a screw up. I grovel and admit abject failure.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I cant spell with my cell phone. My point (however tenuous) was Frys vs Frys Electronics. Sometimes being a smartass is easy and other times I mess it up. The added e was a screw up. I grovel and admit abject failure.
LOL. I know Frys for food, have spent some time in AZ :)

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
Is your real name Dan Quail?:p he had a problem with an extra "e" also.

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
That's cool! Newfound respect.

Now I can turn to you for advice on top sirloin in addition to Hsus.o_O

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

Sirloin? What about the Rib Eye? Heck, most of the time I buy the Chuck Eyes b/c it is a poor man's Rib Eye. The reason being, the Chuck Eye's are often better than the Rib Eyes. :eek::eek::eek: BTW, I actually prefer Prime Rib myself.........LOL!!!!!!

Phil

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have shopped at Frys forever. My favorite grocery store. Ours is at Pecos & Higley. Which one are you at? I may have to come by for some recipe advice. Heaven knows i dont have any useful audio advice.

Audiosaur, he aint jokin. He's the real deal.
I used to work at your store shortly after it opened. That was quite a while ago. My last store was on Mckellips and Recker. I've been on a leave for about 3 1/2 months though and I'm still deciding whether or not I want to go back. I need to gtfo of retail.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sirloin? What about the Rib Eye? Heck, most of the time I buy the Chuck Eyes b/c it is a poor man's Rib Eye. The reason being, the Chuck Eye's are often better than the Rib Eyes. :eek::eek::eek: BTW, I actually prefer Prime Rib myself.........LOL!!!!!!

Phil
Ribeye is my favorite steak. Nothing wrong with a chuck eye either. Though sometimes they can be a little more chuck and a little less eye.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

How about if I told you I worked in a slaughter house for 12 years? I started working for my dad when I was 12. Other kids would play after school and I would be salting hides and cleaning guts.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

Fry's is a great electronics store! But there are not too many of them around. I think Houston has 2, Austin has 1.

The price that they are selling it for, they can't advertise the model due to previous agreements with the manufacturer. You just have to go in store and see it, or perhaps call and ask.

Nothing fishy here.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
How about if I told you I worked in a slaughter house for 12 years? I started working for my dad when I was 12. Other kids would play after school and I would be salting hides and cleaning guts.
Pogre
Being a butcher is a longstanding and honorable profession. One of the great standards. Go anywhere in history and look at small towns and villages. There was a butcher shop or two at the center of small town life. Everybody needs a butcher somewhere in their food chain. Nowadays, being a butcher is a "greet john q public retail job" and working in retail is not for the feint of heart. I don't envy you your choice on how to move forward. But I do wish you all the best and hope things work out. Maybe there's a standalone butcher shop that needs an expert hand.

Speakerman39 mentioned ribeyes as his favorite steak. Mine too. I loves the ribeyes. Don't get me wrong, properly prepared, just about any cut of meat is yummy in my tummy. My favorite though is a nice 16oz to 24oz ribeye properly spiced and grilled. I have gotten good enough at it now that I rarely order a steak at a restaurant anymore: the ones I do at home are just better. Prime Rib is great too, but it really hurts financially to be the guy who has to buy it while others feast on it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Ribeye is my favorite steak. Nothing wrong with a chuck eye either. Though sometimes they can be a little more chuck and a little less eye.
Hey, I am not too picky I will either or.....LOL!!!! But, the Rib Eye is better no doubt. Just prefer it via Prime Rib myself. Honestly though, never seen a steak that I did not like.....LOL!!!! :p:D:p

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre
Being a butcher is a longstanding and honorable profession. One of the great standards. Go anywhere in history and look at small towns and villages. There was a butcher shop or two at the center of small town life. Everybody needs a butcher somewhere in their food chain. Nowadays, being a butcher is a "greet john q public retail job" and working in retail is not for the feint of heart. I don't envy you your choice on how to move forward. But I do wish you all the best and hope things work out. Maybe there's a standalone butcher shop that needs an expert hand.

Speakerman39 mentioned ribeyes as his favorite steak. Mine too. I loves the ribeyes. Don't get me wrong, properly prepared, just about any cut of meat is yummy in my tummy. My favorite though is a nice 16oz to 24oz ribeye properly spiced and grilled. I have gotten good enough at it now that I rarely order a steak at a restaurant anymore: the ones I do at home are just better. Prime Rib is great too, but it really hurts financially to be the guy who has to buy it while others feast on it.
Thanks Buck. I appreciate the kind words. I don't mind cutting meat. I even get a sense of satisfaction or accomplishment when my product looks good enough to be in an ad or something. It's the corporate structure and abusive customers that I hate. We're expected to just take it when John Doe comes in with an attitude and begins telling me how to do my job.

Expectations are getting higher while labor gets cut more and more. This $2 an hour raise for the state of Arizona wasn't factored into their budget this year so it all comes out in labor. They expect the impossible. I have an anxiety disorder and ocd. Leaving work knowing I couldn't get everything done is a lot to bear for me. I don't need their bullshit anymore. I have a lot of sick pay and I'm taking advantage of it. Fry's got the best years of my life (20 of them) and for once I'd like to enjoy a holiday instead of being wracked with stress and anxiety.

*Edit: Apologies for dragging the thread off track and the rant. I'm good now. :D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis