True Unbiased Evaluation for AH

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
In order to achieve true independence why not purchase AV gear anonymously for evaluation and then sell review subjects to readers for a discount?

It's not a new idea, but rarely ever done (think Consumer's Union). That way you can say whatever you want and readers can buy awesome gear cheap. Win win.

Have two websites, one for paying subscribers and an AH lite for trolls. Then tell the companies to suck it.

majorloser

majorloser

Actually, that's an excellent idea!

It could be something like Emotiva has in their forum. When you buy something from them you are qualified for the VIP section of the forum. There could also be special deals in the VIP section for members, which in this case would be return customers. These items could go in there.

EDIT: Don't know this would work, though.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
In order to achieve true independence why not purchase AV gear anonymously for evaluation and then sell review subjects to readers for a discount?

It's not a new idea, but rarely ever done (think Consumer's Union). That way you can say whatever you want and readers can buy awesome gear cheap. Win win.

Have two websites, one for paying subscribers and an AH lite for trolls. Then tell the companies to suck it.
Sure its a great idea to go in debt, lose traffic and fire my employees b/c I can't pay their salaries. Then I can dedicate all of my time in attempts to sell B-stock reviewed goods to our readers and various classifieds like Ebay and Audiogon where I can enjoy people trying to embezzle money from Nigeria to pay for them. Where do I sign up? :D

I can barely get people to sign up for an annual event we host where I provide 7 demo rooms, free educational seminars, live entertainment and over $250 of food and product giveaways for a mere $75 per person let alone trying to get people to pay for annual memberships to read our content that has been and always SHALL be free since I started this website.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
I can barely get people to sign up for an annual event we host where I provide 7 demo rooms, free educational seminars, live entertainment and over $250 of food and product giveaways for a mere $75 per person let alone trying to get people to pay for annual memberships to read our content that has been and always SHALL be free since I started this website.

I think half the problem is that for alot of people its just not feasible to travel a long distance for such an event. If I lived within say 10 hours driving distance from Florida I'd be there... Although... It would take longer than that to get there on an airplane. nonstop.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Audiosouse,

I just had me a thought. How about you go out and buy the thing you want reviewed and ship it on over to these fellas. Then if they are in fact willing and able to review it you can go get the product before it starts to get in their way. If they are unwilling or unable to review it, you still have to go get it. If you don't like the product or the review, you can sell it for cheap. They have a classified section so listing it would be free for you.

I know these guys running this thing are in it for money but there is an entire list of people here who have been of assistance to me personally and they are not making their living by contributing to this thing. Both groups have had a hand in my understanding and enjoyment of A/V.

If you really want to see some money spent, spend your own. I'm good with that whole free thing.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
If you don't like how the website is run, start your own. You get to call the shots, and foot the bills.

SheepStar

majorloser

majorloser

If you don't like how the website is run, start your own. You get to call the shots, and foot the bills.

SheepStar

I think we worked out a deal.

No need to start another audio forum. Audiosouse buys all of the gear for Audioholics, ships it to Tom Andry to review. When Tom finishes the review he ships it back to Audiosouse (of course freight collect). We can even get Tom to autograph the equipment at no charge so it will be more valuable when sold on E-bay. :rolleyes:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord

No need to start another audio forum. Audiosouse buys all of the gear for Audioholics, ships it to Tom Andry to review. When Tom finishes the review he ships it back to Audiosouse (of course freight collect). We can even get Tom to autograph the equipment at no charge so it will be more valuable when sold on E-bay. :rolleyes:
Oh that's perfect! What do you think Audiosource?

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

He will get more if Dina does the autographing instead.;)

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
I don’t ever recall Gene saying he had trouble getting enough gear to evaluate to make an alternative scheme feasible. If I had to guess he probably has more gear at any one time than evaluators/writers

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis