Triangle Galaxy 5.1's currently available on EBAY - CHEAP!

Pipelayer

Pipelayer

Junior Audioholic
These speakers originally retailed for from $1700 to $2000. The staring bid on eBay is $399.

Here is the eBay link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRIANGLE-GALAXY-5-1_W0QQitemZ260187064546QQihZ016QQcategoryZ32861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a "Triangle Galaxy 5.1" review link. The review is by "Mike Quinn" of "Jazz Times", take note; the actual review on "Triangle Galaxy 5.1" starts on the 12th paragraph of this article:
http://jazztimes.com/reviews/audio_video_files/reviewDetail.cfm?ReviewID=26

I've heard these speakers before; they sound AWESOME, much more expensive than even the high price they cost.

However, there may be reason for some concern (or maybe not), as far as I know these speakers are expensive and rare, they are not that well known in the US, which is why when I bided on mine I got them cheap.

The clincher is; that this is the same guy that sold me mine, a very expensive and rare speaker, on top of that, these speakers are brand spanking NEW! Or so the ad says.

I have looked before and never found these speakers for sale used and never at this low price new (granted it's just the starting price for a bid so I guess it could go higher), but there is no reason for him to suspect that it will since on the last set he listed I was the only bidder and got the set for the original listed price of $399. And seeing that he didn't increase the starting bid, apparently it would seem, he's satisfied with letting these $2000 speakers go for $399 and he knows what they cost cause he states it in his listing. I guess it's possible he could have a line with a Triangle distributor on these, after all, these are last year’s models; maybe Triangle is unloading them cheap. Or maybe he just lucked up on these two new sets by some other means, I don't know.

Also, this EBay seller of the Triangles has a large and excellent feedback from satisfied customers, so that works tremendously in his favor. I tracked my shipment of the Triangles yesterday through UPS, I should be receiving them today or tomorrow. It's probably safe to bid on them now for those who may be interested, if any. But if you want to wait a couple of days, I'll let you know if everything is okay with mine. Nevertheless, it's up to you. It's probably just me and there is likely nothing to be concerned about. But if you only knew, how I looked for a deal of these speakers (new or used) for a long time and found nothing; and then, "BOOM", here they are, all of a sudden, brand new and cheap. I guess that's why it aroused my suspicion... just a little. :D

-Also, eBay offers a warranty service via another company, that will warranty these speakers for you at a very reasonable price.

Last edited:
Sounds like they or one of their dealers are using eBay to sell their speakers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRIANGLE-GALAXY-5-1_W0QQitemZ260183673232QQihZ016QQcategoryZ32861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy will likely sells these and then list another set. We've seen this on Audiogon as well (dealers using these sites to sell products that are supposedly not sold online).

For what it's worth, those speakers look a tad gimmicky to me. They may well be worth it for $399, but they don't appear to have any particularly impressive build quality at first glance aside from a cast aluminum enclosure which gives it its weight.

Pipelayer

Pipelayer

Junior Audioholic
Sounds like they or one of their dealers are using eBay to sell their speakers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRIANGLE-GALAXY-5-1_W0QQitemZ260183673232QQihZ016QQcategoryZ32861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy will likely sells these and then list another set. We've seen this on Audiogon as well (dealers using these sites to sell products that are supposedly not sold online).

For what it's worth, those speakers look a tad gimmicky to me. They may well be worth it for $399, but they don't appear to have any particularly impressive build quality at first glance aside from a cast aluminum enclosure which gives it its weight.
Hey! That link leads to my bid! How did you do that !?

Man... if you only knew. Look... I'm not trying to contridict you in any way but you really, really need to hear these things. If they are indeed the actual product, I promise... they will knock you out of your socks! Not to mention, there is nothing about Triangle that is non-impressive. As far as I know they don't even cater to the low or middle priced market. I have heard several of their units, but not every one, but from what I've heard - and what I've heard from others - this company is incapable of making a bad speaker. If these are indeed the true Triangle 5.1s, they are a gem..... no doubt. :D

Last edited:
J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
You say $399 is the starting bid? That doesn't mean it is the final bid. If that were the "buy it now" price, it would be a different story.

Pipelayer

Pipelayer

Junior Audioholic
You say $399 is the starting bid? That doesn't mean it is the final bid. If that were the "buy it now" price, it would be a different story.

Did you read my whole post? I stated that it might go higher, plus I pointed out, that these speakers are not not that well known in the US and that I bidded on a pair (me Pipelayer) and got them for $399; and because they are not that well known here, I was the only bidder.

Here is a link to my original bid:

I think that this would be an excellent buy for someone who was going to by an inexpensive set of speakers because he couldn't presently afford what he really wanted; perhaps for the same price he would end up with a very expensive set of speakers that he probably could never afford even if he did want them. Atleast that was my reasoning when I bidded.

Last edited:
Pipelayer

Pipelayer

Junior Audioholic
IT'S THE REAL DEAL !!!

Just went and picked the Triangles up today from UPS! Huge Box with Triangle Logos and French & English lettering all over it; AND HEAVY AS HELL! The manuals are written in both French and English. This set is definitely from the Triangle factory seeing Triangle is a French company and YES, they are brand spanking new! Eventhough it was mailed to me from here seeing it was shipped from South Carolina. I have to say the picture of them on eBay does them no justice, these things are Soooo heavy and much bigger than the photo makes them look, even the satellites are a pretty hefty size and also quite heavy.

The build is solid, they definitely put some time and effort into these speakers. The only thing that looks a little cheesy on them is the speaker grill on the satellites. Hey, but if they sound like the ones I heard a while back, that is not going to be a single bit of a problem. I know I sound a bit ecstatic but I'm a musician and a dedicated music lover. And I've had the pleasure of hearing these, as well as speakers like these and never thought I'd be able to afford them. So there.... you see the reason for my elation.

This is truly UNBELIEVABLE!!! THANK YOU LORD!!! :D

Last edited:
Pipelayer

Pipelayer

Junior Audioholic
Also, I'd like to add; these speakers are new and they come with a factory warranty from a manufacturer that backs up their product no matter which retailer you purchase it from. Which in my opinion is the way it should be, if a company puts a product out there and it's legally purchased (meaning not in the alley or near the railroad tracks) from a registered retailer, they should have the decency to back up their product. I really respect this company for that, and would gladly do business with them again because of it; of course that's providening if I ever again run into a peice of their equipment that I can afford. :p

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Cpngrats on your purchase

I've heard of the brand before (never heard the actual speakers themsleves as in audition) and read in other forums that they are very good sounding speaker and have been recommended by other members in these forums. Sounds like you got yourself a decent set-up for next to nothing. I would call their customer service line just to make sure they are under warranty.

Over in Audioholics, they mentioned that alot of the delaers are peaved with triangle forcong them to move their olld line at a huge discount to bring in the new line. Thats why you got the discount you did.

About looking gimmicky and not well made, appearances can be deceiving. :)

Pipelayer

Pipelayer

Junior Audioholic
I've heard of the brand before (never heard the actual speakers themsleves as in audition) and read in other forums that they are very good sounding speaker and have been recommended by other members in these forums. Sounds like you got yourself a decent set-up for next to nothing. I would call their customer service line just to make sure they are under warranty.

Over in Audioholics, they mentioned that alot of the delaers are peaved with triangle forcong them to move their olld line at a huge discount to bring in the new line. Thats why you got the discount you did.

About looking gimmicky and not well made, appearances can be deceiving. :)
They may be peaved about it but it makes me like Triangle even more. Thanks for that info, and you right, looks, and the photo of them are deceiveing, because once you see and handle them, you know you're dealing with a hell of an expensive speaker. :p

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Now I am interested, too bad they will probably be all gone before I can afford to get them. I have always wanted a nice sub/sat system.:)

Pipelayer

Pipelayer

Junior Audioholic
Just busted open the Warrenty and read it:

5 YEAR FULL FACTORY WARRANTY! :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Just busted open the Warrenty and read it:

5 YEAR FULL FACTORY WARRANTY! :D
Thats standard fair. My PSBs have a 5 year warranty as do most speaker companies including the mega buck isoteric speakers.

Pipelayer

Pipelayer

Junior Audioholic
Well forgive me... nevertheless I must disagree, being in the repair business for a very long time, I know several that don't... including my last pair. But you're right many do.... wouldn't say it's the standard though, and all of them are not full.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Speakers typically have longer warranties than electronics.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Well forgive me... nevertheless I must disagree, being in the repair business for a very long time, I know several that don't... including my last pair. But you're right many do.... wouldn't say it's the standard though, and all of them are not full.
I never said all manufacturers who make speakers. What I did say is its standard fair for speaker manufacturers, which implies a majority of speaker manufacturer. The difference between a speaker manufacturer and a company who manufactures speakers is like PSB or Paradigm vs Sony. PSB and Paradigm only offer speaker products where as Sony builds electronics as well as speaker. Therein lies the difference

Pipelayer

Pipelayer

Junior Audioholic
Yes... I gathhered that. But thanks for your clarification. :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Thats standard fair. My PSBs have a 5 year warranty as do most speaker companies including the mega buck isoteric speakers.
isoteric: An isotope of an esoteric

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis