lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I know mineral wool or rockwool is recommended. I also know it has been mentioned that only half the surface needs to be covered.

what i'm wondering is what is the recommended thickness and if additional benefit is gained from covering the entire interior surface for a bookshelf such as the Madisound RB kit. I plan to get a 6 sheet pack of rock wool so I will have plenty of it. I was considering cutting it into inch strips and covering the back wall of my speakers with it. Then using the polyfill I have to cover the sides of the speakers.

I also was wondering if adding a 2 inch layer to the back of a bookshelf would help with the acoustics of a room. It's currently has a cheap board back. and I was considering changing it out. I thought it might be a way to hide some sound treatments.

Thanks in advance. for any input.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I know mineral wool or rockwool is recommended. I also know it has been mentioned that only half the surface needs to be covered.

what i'm wondering is what is the recommended thickness and if additional benefit is gained from covering the entire interior surface for a bookshelf such as the Madisound RB kit. I plan to get a 6 sheet pack of rock wool so I will have plenty of it. I was considering cutting it into inch strips and covering the back wall of my speakers with it. Then using the polyfill I have to cover the sides of the speakers.

I also was wondering if adding a 2 inch layer to the back of a bookshelf would help with the acoustics of a room. It's currently has a cheap board back. and I was considering changing it out. I thought it might be a way to hide some sound treatments.

Thanks in advance. for any input.
If you over damp a ported enclosure, you will kill the box resonance and have poor bass. I put the dampening material on the back wall and then distribute it around the rest to make 50%.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis