Transformers what a load of bollocks!

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
After getting over the shock of missing DIE HARD in THX and after sitting though another gruelling Michael Bay load of loud nonsense that made no sense to duologue intelligibility not when its spoken a fast paces where you’d need at least a few moments for it to settle down instead you end up listening to cacophony of dialogue that overlaps and overlaps into sheer load of loud Michael Armageddon bollocks Bay up there on the screen!

Yes this is the worse film I have even sat though since Pearl Harbor 2001, I’m never going to see anymore of his trash load of bollocks until he can really prove he can make a film that makes sense without fast dialogue, I mean really what is the rush if the film is 153minuts at least pace the dialogue slowly.

The sound system at the Empire was great 10/10 but would never do justice to Michael Bay, I feel sorry for Kevin O’Connell, as I don’t see him winning an award for this but sometime fate as a strange way of twisting things around for the better who knows he might, maybe?

I only have a few Michael Bay films on DVD The Rock Armageddon but that’s as far as it goes I might, might buy Transformers on DVD the very least rent it for sound test on my JBL THX sound system later in the year or when even it comes out, hell I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. Armageddon!

And to think this guy is re-making The Birds I hate to know what the Dolby mix sounds like, oh please the horror!:(

S

strat

Enthusiast
the beginning seemed like a copy of alien vs. predator. megatron frozen in the antarctic.

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Waaaah.

I loved this movie! The plot was a little cheese, but such are comic books. I can't wait to hear the part where Ironhide blasts the ground to summersault over that woman in slo-mo, I think there is going to be some decent LFE there!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Waaaah.

I loved this movie! The plot was a little cheese, but such are comic books. I can't wait to hear the part where Ironhide blasts the ground to summersault over that woman in slo-mo, I think there is going to be some decent LFE there!
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes! I nearly crapped my pants! Twice!

SheepStar

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
the beginning seemed like a copy of alien vs. predator. megatron frozen in the antarctic.
Now that you mention that does spring to mind.:(

Waaaah.

I think some of mixers are comic book fans I mean they put so much effort into the mix to make the images come alive with larger than life appeal!

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes! I nearly crapped my pants! Twice!

SheepStar
Well I guess you where the only left in the cinema! I mean with smell like that you’d drive everyone else out of the auditorium!:D

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The wife and I thought the movie sucked too. Too much little kid humor and a lot of the action happened so fast that we couldn't tell what was going on.

Bollocks. That's a fun word to say. Kinda like shmuck.

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
The wife and I thought the movie sucked too. Too much little kid humor and a lot of the action happened so fast that we couldn't tell what was going on.

LOL,

Well bollocks has a few meanings…
If the film sucked, it was a load of bollocks! :(
If the film was great, it was the dogs bollocks!:D

London had a few films that day that I could have watched with easy to follow dialogue, not some, mumbo jumbo half a££ rap popping Armageddon load of bollocks up there on screen.:(

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
You're cracking me up. But you're right about shmuck. I like that word too. Especially when you emphasize the shhhh and the ckkkkk, you can really have some fun with it. It's the simple things....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Uhhhh, this wasn't a comic book...it was an animated series for TV and THEN a comic book after it did well. I had no desire to see this movie; it looked like it was barely going to make it to my "I might rent this" list...

Robert is your father's brother.

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
LOL,

Well bollocks has a few meanings…
If the film sucked, it was a load of bollocks! :(
If the film was great, it was the dogs bollocks!:D
My wife goes to school with an Indian guy from England. The other day they were drinking those Asian Boba drinks. You know, the ones with the bits of fruit and tapioca balls in them. Well I guess he had asked for his without the tapioca balls but got them anyway. So he yelled, "Bollock these balls!" She cracks up every time she tells the story. It sounds hella funny with her fake British accent.

It sounds like, "Bollocks these bowls!"

Funny.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
The whole concept of a movie based on a toy commercial (masquerading as a TV show) never appealed to me.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Waaaah.

Let's hope they keep that in there for the DVD mix. There have been a couple of time that a movie sound great in the theatre, and they really rolled off the mix for the DVD. SW: The Revenge of the Sith and Matrix: Reloaded are two that come to mind immediately.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Let's hope they keep that in there for the DVD mix. There have been a couple of time that a movie sound great in the theatre, and they really rolled off the mix for the DVD. SW: The Revenge of the Sith and Matrix: Reloaded are two that come to mind immediately.
I highly doubt this one will see the ax in that regard.

SheepStar

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Its supposed to be making its debut to DVD this fall/ The FYE store across from my office is already taking pre-orders for it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a DTS-ES version. But probably not likely.

J

jbost002

Audioholic Intern
Thank you all for agreeing with me about this movie. I can't STAND Michael Bay. Most Transformer fans are now in their college and slightly beyond years. Why on earth would you make a plot for the TRANSFORMERS centered around High School? Seriously! It's pathetic...I had high hopes for this movie, even going into the theater - and then shortly after it began I realized it was a Michael Bay flick...and wanted to puke! Although, I have to say, I think The Rock was a *good* movie, not great.

F

Fred333

Junior Audioholic
I would have to agree that the movie did not impress me. Megan Fox was very nice in the movie. I wish they would have brought the dinobots. They were my favorite.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I remember when I saw the subtitled text "Devastator" I yelled out. But then I realized it wasn't going to be the "real" Devastator.

I have to disagree most Transformer fans are past college and probably have little ones of their own. But the thing to remember is Hollywood typically makes PG-13 releases for 17 year olds. First rule of the marketplace, Know your Customer. Who else is going to put up with the experience of going to the movies these days. As much as I hate the fact that they pander to this demographic, I have to admit that they spend money to see the crap Hollywood puts out.

I on the other hand will usually opt to catch it on DVD, watch a foreign/Indie film, or watch a movie in my own Home Theater. Theatrical Hollywood isn't interested in me.

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
What I find funny is that you fellows that say you hated, or disliked it.
(BTW, hated is such a strong word, i would call it juvenile when used in this instance)

You fellows are in the minority. (out of over 82,000 votes it is averaged at a 7.8 out of 10)

Personally, I found the humor in the film quite juvenile, and uncalled for.
But the actual film with the action and superb CG, was very good IMO.

Being in my mid/late 30s, and watched it with a person in mid 60s, we bothed enjoyed it.
I will say, that I rarely go to movies anymore, because of home theater.
But this was very enjoyable in the theater (BTW, all digital theater by chance)

Also for those nay sayers, (with the word I HATED), this is/was also the top seller in the DVD and HD DVD market.
as well;
Currently (from box office) it grossed over 311 million (US only), and add another 160 million non US.

So any director that makes a movie, that rakes in over half a billion dollars, must be doing something right.:cool:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
So any director that makes a movie, that rakes in over half a billion dollars, must be doing something right.:cool:
Yes, I'd like to rake in just a very small fraction of it:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis